It's Been A While, But it is Good to Be Reminded Why We Hate the Yankees.

weams

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lxPNcrvR46Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x9NSSCzrnRw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/21/players-tried-to-kick-a-rod-out-of-the-union-threaten-him-with-beaning-when-he-returns/

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20210588,00.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/a-rod-playing-hardball-divorce-prenuptial-agreement-enforced-article-1.348328

Two articles about his divorce and an article about how he appealed his suspension, the longest suspension in MLB history, which it would have been ridiculous not to appeal (and which was subsequently reduced from a season and a half to a season). Not particularly compelling.

As for the two videos, I guess you think Manny Machado is a bad guy too.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two articles about his divorce and an article about how he appealed his suspension, the longest suspension in MLB history, which it would have been ridiculous not to appeal (and which was subsequently reduced from a season and a half to a season). Not particularly compelling.

As for the two videos, I guess you think Manny Machado is a bad guy too.

How does Manny Machado have anything to do with this? Manny had one incident. ARod has a lengthy history of being a complete d-bag.

Doesn't it tell you something that the player's union threatened to ban him and peg him?

The guy is a cheater in everything he does. How anyone could cheer for him is baffling. Even Yankee fans don't cheer for him. They hate the guy. He'll be booed in Yankee Stadium this year.

As if his on-the-field antics weren't bad enough, he's an even worse guy off the field:

Cynthia's allegations that he "emotionally abandoned his wife and children" and that the pair broke up because of his "extramarital affairs and other marital misconduct" are "immaterial and impertinent and should be stricken," the papers say.

"Husband denies any duty to support wife beyond those obligations specifically set out in the parties' prenuptial agreement," the papers say. What those terms are wasn't immediately known, but apparently they don't suit Cynthia

How much money has this guy made in his career again?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/11/06/yuri-sucarts-wife-blasts-a-rod-claims-slugger-urinated-on-floor-of-home/

The wife of Yuri Sucart put Alex Rodriguez — her husband’s famous cousin — on blast in a grand way Thursday, claiming to the New York Daily News that the Yankees slugger urinated on the floor of their home during a blowout in 2010.

Carmen Sucart told the newspaper that A-Rod “came into my house like he thought he was a god,” threatening the Sucarts into silence regarding the slugger’s history with performance-enhancing drugs. After that, she said A-Rod relieved himself “on the floor … as if to mark the house as his territory,” the Daily News reported.

“He is a bad person,” Carmen Sucart told the paper.

A-Rod reportedly paid the Sucart family $900,000 to keep the lid on his dealings with Biogenesis and the founder of the PED-peddling clinic, Anthony Bosch. Carmen Sucart claimed to the Daily News that her husband didn’t demand $5 million in hush money, as A-Rod reportedly told federal investigators. It was the third baseman who approached them, she said.

“Alex is so poor, the only thing he has is money,” Carmen Sucart told the Daily News. “He sleeps with his money, he will die with his money.”

She didn’t pull any punches, calling A-Rod “evil,” “arrogant” and claimed he ridiculed his cousin “for being overweight and because his teeth are bad and falling out.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-kyle/why-we-hate-a-rod_b_181933.html

Look, we already know that A-Rod cheated on his now ex-wife with strippers and prostitutes and that he took steroids after lying about it repeatedly and unblinkingly. We've seen photos of A-Rod kissing himself in the mirror and we've heard that his own teammates don't like or respect him. We watched him girl slap the ball out of Bronson Arroyo's glove in the 2004 playoffs, and we've seen him distract a Blue Jays infielder with a well-timed scream in yet another bush league move. A-Rod said he yelled, "Ha!" because, "I was excited running around third base. I don't know what my intention was." Harmless, maybe, but if he truly believes that statement, we can add idiot to the list.

He's hired a team of public relation gurus, the same ones who worked for George Bush in the White House. Maybe he's decided that he has nothing more to lose, except his money, and money is no issue for a guy who reportedly buys $1,000 gift cards in bulk from Victoria's Secret. It's no easy task to improve the image of a man like that, although the good news, for A-Rod and his handlers at least, is that he has nowhere to go but up.

So that's why we hate A-Rod, because he's a dastardly villain who represents a classic archetype that's rooted in our collective unconscious and tied to ancient mythology.

Or maybe we hate A-Rod because he's a bad person. It just might be that simple.

How does Manny Machado have anything to do with this? Manny had one incident. ARod has a lengthy history of being a complete d-bag.

Doesn't it tell you something that the player's union threatened to ban him and peg him?

The guy is a cheater in everything he does. How anyone could cheer for him is baffling. Even Yankee fans don't cheer for him. They hate the guy. He'll be booed in Yankee Stadium this year.

As if his on-the-field antics weren't bad enough, he's an even worse guy off the field:

Cynthia's allegations that he "emotionally abandoned his wife and children" and that the pair broke up because of his "extramarital affairs and other marital misconduct" are "immaterial and impertinent and should be stricken," the papers say.

"Husband denies any duty to support wife beyond those obligations specifically set out in the parties' prenuptial agreement," the papers say. What those terms are wasn't immediately known, but apparently they don't suit Cynthia

How much money has this guy made in his career again?

As far as I know, ARod has only had those two on-field incidents in over 2600 games. Manny has had one incident in under 300 games. Lets wait another 20 years before we tally the scorecards.

Players attempting to ban and threatening to peg him tells me that certain players are morons and don't understand how the player's union and how labor unions at large work. HE HAD TO SUE THEM. It is simply how federal law operates under the umbrella of collective bargaining law.

If you want me to spend a half an hour to list all the terrible marriages that various baseball players have had then I will but suffice it to say, having a messy divorce with adultery is not at all unusual in Major League Baseball.

He's made a lot of money. And up until a couple years ago he was worth it. He is the only player to have actually earned surplus value for his team on a $200 million contract. I don't fault players for making a lot of money. There is a lot of money in the game of baseball and I would prefer that more of it go to the players on the field than the owners in the luxury boxes.

Hank Aaron is rooting for ARod

"I am rooting for him," Aaron, 81, said Monday. "Despite all of the things that people say he had been involved in, I'm rooting for him to come back and have a great year. I am very much anxious to see what he's going to do. I wish him well, but I just don't know. When you're [away] from playing the game the whole year and go out and then have to face kids that are throwing 90 miles an hour, it's a tough thing."
"If I wanted to go to the game and A-Rod was playing, I certainly would go to the game," Aaron said. "I've met A-Rod, and to be honest, between him and me, he's been nothing but a friend to me. I liked him."

As far as I know, ARod has only had those two on-field incidents in over 2600 games. Manny has had one incident in under 300 games. Lets wait another 20 years before we tally the scorecards.

Players attempting to ban and threatening to peg him tells me that certain players are morons and don't understand how the player's union and how labor unions at large work. HE HAD TO SUE THEM. It is simply how federal law operates under the umbrella of collective bargaining law.

If you want me to spend a half an hour to list all the terrible marriages that various baseball players have had then I will but suffice it to say, having a messy divorce with adultery is not at all unusual in Major League Baseball.

He's made a lot of money. And up until a couple years ago he was worth it. He is the only player to have actually earned surplus value for his team on a $200 million contract. I don't fault players for making a lot of money. There is a lot of money in the game of baseball and I would prefer that more of it go to the players on the field than the owners in the luxury boxes.

Obviously we're never going to agree on this. ;)

The Yankee's are unhappy that Rodriguez reported to camp early.

"How DARE you show up to work early?" seriously?? lol

I hate ARod as much as the next guy, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

You just know that if he had been on time, the ny media would be wondering why he didn't come early with something to prove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
o

Just a tad biased here ???

The Orioles beat the Yankees by a score of 10-2 in an exhibition game, but the ESPN headline is about Alex Rodriguez' solo home run off of Brian Matusz:

A-Rod Homers in Yankees' 10-2 Loss to Orioles

(Associated Press)

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=350328110

Leave it to YESPN to make a Yankee the headline in a game in which they lose by eight runs.

Not exactly rooting for AROD but the Yankees are starting to disgust me with their aggressive campaign to publicly shame AROD. They made their bed and knew EXACTLY what they were getting into. Them having to pay out the remainder of his salary doesn't even begin to make up for their complicity.

My stance is: They can have each other. They deserve each other.

How is he a bad guy? I need some evidence on that. I think Ryan Braun is a bad guy. ARod is a weirdo who doesn't seem to be able to connect with people but seems to really care what people think about him. Alex Rodriguez has never been arrested, unlike dozens of other MLB players. Other than Biogenesis and a divorce with extramarital affairs, he hasn't had any legal issues.

Lied about it, got caught, and then caught again, if memory serves correctly. Can't honestly remember the timeline of events.

He might not be a "bad guy" in the Ray Rice sense, but he's dumb. He lied. I don't buy the thing about "he's a genius that has a hard time connecting" thats a bunch of BS. He's liked by teammates, hell Hank Aaron likes him. He's a well spoken guy. He's not socially awkward. He's just made poor decision after poor decision his entire career. He got the biggest contract ever at the time, painting a giant bullseye on his back.

He can relate just fine. He just doesn't understand the ramifications of his actions, he's fine with lying and cheating.

• 2 weeks later...
o

Just a tad biased here ???

The Orioles beat the Yankees by a score of 10-2 in an exhibition game, but the ESPN headline is about Alex Rodriguez' solo home run off of Brian Matusz:

A-Rod Homers in Yankees' 10-2 Loss to Orioles

(Associated Press)

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=350328110

And of course, it continues right into the regular season.

The Blue Jays won the game, BUT ......

A-Rod Homers, but Blue Jays Beat Yankees 6-3 to Win Series

(Associated Press)

http://espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=350409110

This was a good line from ARod commenting about his homerun after the game:

"I felt like I needed a Google map to run the bases, it's been so long," Rodriguez said.

The short clip I saw of the Jays pounding Sabathia in the early innings made him look awful, but he did manage to strike out 8 in 5.2 IP with no walks, so it wasn't all bad for him.

Archived