Peter Schmuck: With Nick Markakis gone, Orioles' Travis Snider says, 'I'm here now'

weams

I personally like his quiet confidence... and I am rooting for a career year for him. No problems from my view.

Agreed. I love his confidence and I see nothing wrong.

If anything, I'm still *slightly* annoyed that Nick took the extra pieces of silver to leave, knowing he got overpaid last time, and that the O's had all of those arbitration raises to give. But no looking back. I see a solid team out there this year, especially if the injured guys from last year return to form.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anything, I'm still *slightly* annoyed that Nick took the extra pieces of silver to leave, knowing he got overpaid last time, and that the O's had all of those arbitration raises to give. But no looking back. I see a solid team out there this year, especially if the injured guys from last year return to form.

Fred, Dan and Mel all felt that the extra 8 million and a year were well settled on by Markakis. And Fred feels he will move his home back to Atlanta over the next couple years.

As much as I love and respect Nick for what he has done during his time here, his leaving might be a blessing in disguise for the team.

No problem with his comments at all. Seems like a classy, fun guy. Looking forward to having him for the next 2 (+) seasons.

Fred, Dan and Mel all felt that the extra 8 million and a year were well settled on by Markakis. And Fred feels he will move his home back to Atlanta over the next couple years.

Apparently Nick has houses in MD, NC, GA, and FL. Ahh to be rich :hearts:

http://www.celebritydetective.com/Celebrity_Homes_Nick-Markarkis-house-Sarasota-FL.html

I didn't get a bad vibe at all from anything Snider said. It will be very interesting to compare the O's/Braves/Cardinals RF production throughout the season though.

TBF, A-Rod is now getting ripped for showing up to camp early (had he shown up on time, there would be those asking why he wasn't early, IMO), so I'm not sure being A-Rod-like is any one pattern of behavior anymore.

In the quote, he says something that is factually correct. Nick Markakis is not on the team. He is. If I were in his position, I would have been tempted to say, "Guys, we're not talking about Hank Aaron here. It's Nick Markakis. Dude is completely replaceable, that's why the club didn't spend the money necessary to bring him back."

If I were in his position, I would have been tempted to say, "Guys, we're not talking about Hank Aaron here. It's Nick Markakis. Dude is completely replaceable, that's why the club didn't spend the money necessary to bring him back."

Yeah, that would have gone over real well with Buck, Nick's former teammates and the fans.... :rolleyes: Remind me not to nominate you for a position at the U.N.

Archived