Peter Schmuck: With Nick Markakis gone, Orioles' Travis Snider says, 'I'm here now'

weams

Exactly my feelings on the subject. We have more roster flexibility and payroll flexibility. I think we get at least as good production, if not better, in RF than we've gotten the last two years.

Not to mention it'll be very interesting to see what Nick does this year.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure what the issue is with what he said?

He actually deviated from a milk-and-cookies, "Gee, I just want to do whatever I can to help the team, and it's an honor to be a part of this organization" type of statement.

If that is all that athletes ever say when they are interviewed, then I don't see the point in saying anything at all or having an "interview" in the first place.

Not sure what the issue is with what he said?
He actually deviated from a milk-and-cookies, "Gee, I just want to do whatever I can to help the team, and it's an honor to be a part of this organization" type of statement.

If that is all that athletes ever say when they are interviewed, then I don't see the point in saying anything at all or having an "interview" in the first place.

P.S. I don't expect all athletes to be as outspoken as Charles Barkley and/or Jim Bouton, but I also don't want to always hear something straight out of The Stepford Wives, or Invasion of the Body Snatchers every time they speak.

P.S. I don't expect all athletes to be as outspoken as Charles Barkley and/or Jim Bouton, but I also don't want to always hear something straight out of The Stepford Wives, or Invasion of the Body Snatchers every time they speak.

Portnoy's Complaint, on the other hand, would be fine.

Archived