Best Game of Orioles Musical Chairs in a Long Time

mdbdotcom

I don't think the Orioles put much faith in Flaherty at shortstop, at this point in time. Don't know whether Everth will be better. If Everth isn't good enough, then I guess Manny will have to play short when Hardy gets injured. Gotta happen eventually.

Manny will never play shortstop as an Oriole, except during a shift.

I guess we will waste that then. We did sign Hardy for his time here.

Hardy is great! Someone's going to have to play SS in 2018. Maybe Jomar will be ready? If not, maybe a transition in his third and final year? Manny will be in his age 24 season -- not too late to adjust.

Or maybe, the Orioles should trade him to a team that will play him at short amd pay accordingly. He'd be an upgrade for about 28 other teams. Heck, he might be an upgrade over Tulo, too. Not that I am suggesting that would be a good idea...

Hardy is great! Someone's going to have to play SS in 2018. Maybe Jomar will be ready? If not, maybe a transition in his third and final year? Manny will be in his age 24 season -- not too late to adjust.

Or maybe, the Orioles should trade him to a team that will play him at short amd pay accordingly. He'd be an upgrade for about 28 other teams. Heck, he might be an upgrade over Tulo, too. Not that I am suggesting that would be a good idea...

Hardy has an option at 2018.

I do not know how many games he must play for it to vest.

I guess his back will determine whether that option vests.

I know there was discussion about him wanting to be guaranteed to remain at short, but I can't imagine any contract would be drawn that way ( though I admit I could be wrong).

I don't think the Orioles put much faith in Flaherty at shortstop, at this point in time. Don't know whether Everth will be better. If Everth isn't good enough, then I guess Manny will have to play short when Hardy gets injured. Gotta happen eventually.
Last season Flash was Buck's first choice at SS after Hardy. What has changed since then? Who do we have in the system at this time who would be better, as a defensive replacement, and don't say Manny, that ain't happening.

Archived