Alex Hassan was designated for assignment

weams

I was surprised. Thoughts?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>To make room for Cabrera on the 40-man roster, OF Alex Hassan has been designated for assignment.</p>— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) <a href="

">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also assumed it would be Paredes since he is out of options. BUT, thinking about it a little more, Paredes could be the extra player they keep on Opening Day while Davis is still suspended. His odds of passing through waivers are higher on the 2nd day of the season than they will be right now.

Hassan was at best third on the Norfolk OF depth chart behind Reimold and Parmelee. Good chance that Alvarez is viewed as being ahead of him as well. He's obviously also behind Jones, De Aza, Pearce, Lough, Snider, and Young on the major league roster. My guess is they felt they had more than enough OF options ahead of Hassan that they could risk losing him.

I'm not sure it has anything to with Cabrera potentially being used in the OF. If Cabrera is going to be used in the OF, that effects Lough far more than it would affect Hassan.

Hassan was at best third on the Norfolk OF depth chart behind Reimold and Parmelee. Good chance that Alvarez is viewed as being ahead of him as well. He's obviously also behind Jones, De Aza, Pearce, Lough, Snider, and Young on the major league roster. My guess is they felt they had more than enough OF options ahead of Hassan that they could risk losing him.

I'm not sure it has anything to with Cabrera potentially being used in the OF. If Cabrera is going to be used in the OF, that effects Lough far more than it would effect Hassan.

Almanzar?

I also assumed it would be Paredes since he is out of options. BUT, thinking about it a little more, Paredes could be the extra player they keep on Opening Day while Davis is still suspended. His odds of passing through waivers are higher on the 2nd day of the season than they will be right now.

Good thought about Paredes. I was thinking Parmalee would be the man up because he plays first, but I agree that it would be the best time to pass Jimmy through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived