The last four weeks

Frobby

Jan. 27 -- traded for Travis Snider

Feb. 10 -- signed Nolan Reimold

Feb. 10 -- signed Mark Hendrickson

Feb. 17 -- signed Jayson Nix

Feb. 25 -- signed Everth Cabrera

None of these moves are earth-shattering, but we've added a lot of depth late in the winter, fairly cheaply.

I'm fairly confident that at least 40% of those acquisitions will make the Major League roster this year!

Really happy with the Snider trade, still waiting to see how they will actually use Cabrera. All the rumors about him batting leadoff concern me (.272 OBP last year), but maybe he'll produce more in line with his career numbers offensively in 2015.

I'm fairly confident that at least 40% of those acquisitions will make the Major League roster this year!

Really happy with the Snider trade, still waiting to see how they will actually use Cabrera. All the rumors about him batting leadoff concern me (.272 OBP last year), but maybe he'll produce more in line with his career numbers offensively in 2015.

I am 100% confident one of them makes the 25 man rooster. :clap3:

He won't lead off for long if he posts a .272 OBP. Let's not forget he posted .355 in 2013, and .342 in 2009. Basically, we are paying $2.4 mm in the hopes that this version of Everth Cabrera is the one we'll get.

Jan. 27 -- traded for Travis Snider

Feb. 10 -- signed Nolan Reimold

Feb. 10 -- signed Mark Hendrickson

Feb. 17 -- signed Jayson Nix

Feb. 25 -- signed Everth Cabrera

None of these moves are earth-shattering, but we've added a lot of depth late in the winter, fairly cheaply.

The latter 4 of these moves was made after Sports Illustrated graded their off-season:

Sports Illustrated.com grades the O's Offseason

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/129971-SI-com-grades-the-O-s-offseason?highlight=Orioles+offseason+grades

The same with David Schoenfield:

Sweetspot: Orioles OffseasonReport Card - Dave Schoenfield

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/130043-Sweetspot-Orioles-offseason-report-card-Dave-Schoenfield?highlight=Orioles+offseason+grades

And even though he waited a little longer, Matt Snyder still gave his grade before Nix and Cabrerea were signed:

As Expected, Orioles Offseason Graded a "D"

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/146396-As-Expected-Orioles-Offseason-Graded-a-quot-D-quot?highlight=Orioles+offseason+grades

As you stated, these were not earth shattering and/or blockbuster moves, but I wish that they would wait until it (the off-season) were over, or at least until the first game of Spring Training in early March to dole out their grades.

o

Both these moves (Snider and Cabrera) have significant upside compared to their cost. Wouldn't be surprised if combined they produced 5 WAR for less than $5 mm (maybe slightly more than $5 mm if Cabreba's incentives kick in). And if either busts, it's no big deal, because there are other players available to step up.

He won't lead off for long if he posts a .272 OBP. Let's not forget he posted .355 in 2013, and .342 in 2009. Basically, we are paying $2.4 mm in the hopes that this version of Everth Cabrera is the one we'll get.

2.4m for an elite pinch runner and switch hitting bench bat wouldn't be the worst use of resources ever either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived