MLB Network's top 100

33rdst

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Machado, Jones and Davis were all top-30 last year with Wieters and Hardy in the lower half of the top-100. I imagine it is only Jones this year since it seems to be strongly based on last season's performance

I'm pretty confident that Jones will be the only current Oriole on the list. They did have Carlos Gonzalez ranked 43 even though he played 70 games last year and had an 89 OPS+ and was worth -0.7 rWAR, so it's possible they could sneak Manny on there after putting up 2.4 rWAR in half a season, but I doubt it. And though I believe Hardy belongs in the top 100, I can't see him landing in the top 40.

Whatever. We're a lunch pail team that gets the job done.

Machado, Jones and Davis were all top-30 last year with Wieters and Hardy in the lower half of the top-100. I imagine it is only Jones this year since it seems to be strongly based on last season's performance
And Britton? He was listed as the 10th top reliever "RIGHT NOW".

I'm pretty confident that Jones will be the only current Oriole on the list. They did have Carlos Gonzalez ranked 43 even though he played 70 games last year and had an 89 OPS+ and was worth -0.7 rWAR, so it's possible they could sneak Manny on there after putting up 2.4 rWAR in half a season, but I doubt it. And though I believe Hardy belongs in the top 100, I can't see him landing in the top 40.

Whatever. We're a lunch pail team that gets the job done.

Part of me wants us not to have anyone on the list just as another motivator for the team. With regard injured players. All three of Harvey, Fielder and Coles are already on the list despite missing significant time do to injury last year.

Weren't the orioles tops in the AL in wins above average last season per bbref?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the way, the Nats already have three listed players (Werth, Fister and Strasburg) and I suspect Scherzer, Zimmermann, Rendon and Desmond may all appear in the top 40.

I might be in the minority but to me Scherzer in this list isnt a Nat. He had that season in a Tigers uni therefore he represents them. Same with Cruz. He will represent the Os in the list, not th Ms.

I might be in the minority but to me Scherzer in this list isnt a Nat. He had that season in a Tigers uni therefore he represents them. Same with Cruz. He will represent the Os in the list, not th Ms.

You can look at it either way, but I am more interested in the talent that is on the team now. This is supposed to be about who will be a top 100 player in 2015, not who was a top 100 player in 2014. That's why guys like Carlos Gonzalez are on this list despite having a poor season last year.

You can look at it either way, but I am more interested in the talent that is on the team now. This is supposed to be about who will be a top 100 player in 2015, not who was a top 100 player in 2014. That's why guys like Carlos Gonzalez are on this list despite having a poor season last year.

So it's projecting the next top 100 rather than rating the past 100?

If that's the case it's quite baffling to me that we haven't seen an O yet.

By fWAR last year the O's would have 3 in the top 100. Adam Jones, Steve Pearce, and J.J. Hardy. Hardy just squeaked in the backend of the top 100, and I'd bet MLBN's panel leans heavily towards offense like usual so it's not shocking he wasn't included. Steve Pearce was great last year but I doubt he's making any lists like this. No track record of production except an even smaller sample in 2013. The pitching ERAs look good but there's no flash that people get excited about. A rotation full of serviceable, middle rotation types. Relievers just don't belong in the top 100 unless they are completely ridiculous. There were 0 relievers in the top 100 by fWAR. In summation, I'm not at all surprised that Adam Jones will be our only representative... even if it's for different reasons than MLBN.

Archived