MLB Network's top 100

33rdst

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matusz, Flaherty, Hunter, Cabrera, Brach, TJ, Young.

So yea, bullpen guys and bench guys.

Taking contract situation into account I would trade Ubaldo, Norris or Chen as well. De Aza, Lough and Snyder too. So a solid half of the roster. Arrieta has value with three years of team control, even if he is only half the player he was last year.

Taking contract situation into account I would trade Ubaldo, Norris or Chen as well. De Aza, Lough and Snyder too. So a solid half of the roster. Arrieta has value with three years of team control, even if he is only half the player he was last year.

Chen I would have to think about.

He certainly shouldn't be higher then folks like Hardy and Machado.

That's crazy. You would rather have Ubaldo at free agent prices than three years control of a guy coming off a 5 WAR season at arbitration prices?

I know, I know...

I guess it's just the number of bad years in an Orioles uniform that colors my judgment. Jake's got Ubaldo four to one.

If they do trade Ubaldo for Arrieta, I promise I won't complain.

Still, I think it's absurd to rank Arrieta 89.

I know, I know...

I guess it's just the number of bad years in an Orioles uniform that colors my judgment. Jake's got Ubaldo five to one.

My guess is you are going to have to go to a Cubs board to get an argument on that point.

I know, I know...

I guess it's just the number of bad years in an Orioles uniform that colors my judgment. Jake's got Ubaldo four to one.

You do realize how absurdly good he was last year right?

Among pitchers with at least 150IP

2.53ERA 10th

2.26FIP 2nd

2.73xFIP 7th

9.59K/9 9th

4.9fWAR 11th(In only 156 2/3IP, that's on pace for 6.3fWAR on a full season(200IP) which would have made him the 3rd most valuable pitcher in baseball behind Kluber and Kershaw)

You do realize how absurdly good he was last year right?

Among pitchers with at least 150IP

2.53ERA 10th

2.26FIP 2nd

2.73xFIP 7th

9.59K/9 9th

4.9fWAR 11th(In only 156 2/3IP, that's on pace for 6.3fWAR on a full season(200IP) which would have made him the 3rd most valuable pitcher in baseball behind Kluber and Kershaw)

And he was absurdly bad before that.

Steve Pearce came in at 4.9 fWAR/6.0 rWAR in only 383 plate appearances (and that's mostly offense, so it's not SSS defensive metrics doing the heavy lifting), but he is not on this list. Logic all around seems inconsistent.

All things, being equal, every team should have 3.3 players on the top-100. The 2014 O's won 96 games and only had two players on the list... Adam Jones and Nelson Cruz. Seems crazy. Small sample size, but we went 3-1 against the Nats and their 8 players on this list.

OMFG....

Watching the MLBN Top-100 show now. Talking about Nelson Cruz, they were talking about how Nelson Cruz changed the nature of the O's lineup. This team hit 214 HR in 2012, 213 in 2013 and 212 in 2014. They hit for power before Cruz.

Is there a rule that national media is required to wing it when it comes to Orioles commentary?

Archived