MLB Network's top 100

33rdst

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another meaningless exercise for people who are paid to take guesses with all the biased opinions built in. And further credibility is lost when they are not careful enough to keep from listing J. Teheran of ATL. on the lists once at #46 and once at #71.

Another meaningless exercise for people who are paid to take guesses with all the biased opinions built in. And further credibility is lost when they are not careful enough to keep from listing J. Teheran of ATL. on the lists once at #46 and once at #71.

Are you suggesting that Jacob deGrom is not the #88 best player as a first baseman? Or that Russell Martin is not going to have a banner year for the Pirates? Or David Robertson is not going to be a lights out reliever for Detroit?

• 11 months later...
The 2016 list is out and the Orioles got more than one player on it this year:

Machado is #8, Jones is #34, Davis is #55. A quick glance shows a lot less recency bias than last year's list.

Other than those three, the only other player I believe that can be argued to be top 100 is Britton and he would be on the back end. He's certainly at top five closer in the game. But it's debatable that a closer has enough of an impact to be included in the top 100, pitching about 1/3 of the innings of a good starter. I would probably stick to position players and starters in my top 100 and it's tough to justify any other O's being there at this point.

Do the Cubs look at the Arrieta trade like we look at the Adam Jones trade?

Arrieta is #9 in the top 100, and I believe the only top 10 to have changed teams.

I'm sure they do. But I bet they also wring their hands over the Garza for Chris Archer trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived