CSN Baltimore: Wright says Cubs Camp Different Than Orioles

weams

"This camp, the intensity level is a little different than ones I've been in the past. You can tell there's a sense of hunger to get back where they were last year. I've been energized by that, the work we do is with a focus to help us win ballgames as well as deep into the postseason. It's definitely been energizing for me, and the intensity the guys bring on a daily basis has been nice to see."

Wright has enjoyed working with pitching coach Dave Wallace and bullpen coach Dom Chiti.

"The important thing they've done is open up the line of communication. They allow you to speak about things that they might feel you want to accomplish during the spring and things that help you get prepared for the season. They do a really good job of just trying to get to know the player, once they kind of get to know who you are, and how you work as a pitcher, they're able to step in and make suggestions to you. The lines of communication are great, and they do a really good job of letting it be known that you can come to them and they'll be a sounding board and help you get things accomplished."

http://www.csnbaltimore.com/blog/orioles-talk/wright-notices-difference-orioles-camp

Nice to hear good things about their preparation for the long season. Gotta believe the energy level is the Buck influence as well as the anticipation of another good season.

I do think we have a more intense preparation. I believe that Earl would be pleased.

Archived