Adam Jones: 'I deserve a little bit of respect' from front office

eddie83

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure how you can posit that that certainly.

Particularly since this twitter quote came months after Markakis signed.

He's still mad about Nick. Nick and Adam had talked several times that week. That said. I know nothing for fact.

Stout was whining about his FO in the media about 14 months ago.

Trout had a problem with his club renewing him for the league minimum after 2012.

Not very good examples. LOL.

I would prefer Jones to keep his mouth shut.

If this is about Markakis, he needs to let it go.

If this is about trying to get a hold of DD to find out what was going on w the whole Tor. saga, and DD wouldn't respond, then I sympathize a lot more w him.

The trade with the Jays was a salary dump, yes players can speak their minds about their own issues or even teammates via social media...... but what AJ is saying to be "in the know" about what is going on with the composition of the club because he signed an extension is just BS. Duquette is busy and should not have to pick up the phone and communicate to the core guys about what is going on or about to happen.

I just don't get the entitlement thats all.

The trade with the Jays was a salary dump, yes players can speak their minds about their own issues or even teammates via social media...... but what AJ is saying to be "in the know" about what is going on with the composition of the club because he signed an extension is just BS. Duquette is busy and should not have to pick up the phone and communicate to the core guys about what is going on or about to happen.

I just don't get the entitlement thats all.

Brian talked direct to the owner. Brady talked direct to the owner. Nick was all but adopted by the owner. Adam has his grief here. Unfounded, but he has it.

Brian talked direct to the owner. Brady talked direct to the owner. Nick was all but adopted by the owner. Adam has his grief here. Unfounded, but he has it.

Maybe he should just request a meeting like Nick did in 2010. He can enjoy a nice lunch and sit down with Angelos and Duquette discuss his griefs, concerns, or whatever.

No need to bark on social media thats all.

Maybe he should just request a meeting like Nick did in 2010. He can enjoy a nice lunch and sit down with Angelos and Duquette discuss his griefs, concerns, or whatever.

No need to bark on social media thats all.

I agree completely. Maybe he was just #Hungry. Needed a Snickers.

My opinion? We can run Eddie Murray out of town again or we can love Adam for the passionate, off the wall character that he is.

I choose the latter, but I still don't want him having special access to the front office.

Jones needs to put a lid on it. He got respect with the contract they gave him. No where on the back of his baseball card does it say "special assistant to the front office on team matters".

Just like every other professional organization, there is a chain of command in MLB hierarchy. What kind of a mess would it be if players just for the heck of it decided to drop by the owner's office and ask what kind of moves are coming up? Or why was so and so traded? What are you going to do to strengthen the rotation? If you have a problem, you don't go to the top guy unless you have first gone through the other layer of management first.

Jones did himself no favors belittling the "middle men" (aka Showalter and Duquette) in his rant. And to pull players like Wieters, Hardy, Davis into his posse tells me that perhaps there is dissension in the club house and the players may not be thrilled with the direction the team is headed. And Jones comes off as the guy stirring the pot. Not a good thing.

Archived