Adam Jones: 'I deserve a little bit of respect' from front office

eddie83

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adam needs to shut up. Sorry. His job is on the field and the FO has put this team in a good position. All this whining about Nick is ridiculous; the guy is an average ball player.

I agree on part of what you said. There is a chain of command. If he were to go to

Angelos bypassing Buck and DD is just not done. The FO has the team on the

right track. As for Nick I believe he is above average. IMO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck on Jones speaking his mind: "He's got a stake in this thing, OK? He cares, so I'm OK with that. We all do." <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">March 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck:"He wants the Orioles to be good every day. That's why we get along well." <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Adam Jones does not deserve an explanation nor should he have a say. He is a player. That is all. When he retires he can buy a team and have all the say he wants.

Adam isn't a good enough player to afford a team, he'll never make that type of money.

Maybe one in the Mexican League.

His problem is he thinks he's more important than he really is. He's a fine player, but he's not even the best player on his own team if Machado stays healthy.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

I am not sure I really get what Jones is barking about. The FO gave him respect with a contract extension. Its Adams job to play baseball and not be involved with the FO operations.

Do you think Tout, Stanton, etc. goes whining to the media about management?

Stop being a clown AJ.

AJ isn't the clown in this post. And both Trout(if that's who you meant) and Stanton have had issues with their FO's.

AJ isn't the clown in this post. And both Trout(if that's who you meant) and Stanton have had issues with their FO's.

Sure they had issues. Maybe a single post or a quote about contract or a trade but life went on. This has been on going issue with AJ. He should be happy with his contract and continue to do his job which does not include receiving input from the FO.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck on Jones speaking his mind: "He's got a stake in this thing, OK? He cares, so I'm OK with that. We all do." <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck:"He wants the Orioles to be good every day. That's why we get along well." <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

After re-reading the Schmuck column, I think that DD made all the right noises as well. The part about everyone having his own job to do was pointed, but not unnecessarily so. I think this controversy has the opportunity to die a nice, quiet death at the moment. I hope AJ gets that and turns his attention to the 2015 season where the Orioles have a legitimate opportunity to go all the away. Distractions and old grievances will only make it harder.

I agree on part of what you said. There is a chain of command. If he were to go to

Angelos bypassing Buck and DD is just not done. The FO has the team on the

right track. As for Nick I believe he is above average. IMO

Yes there is a chain of command, but in my business if you don't get a satisfactory response at one level you can take it up to the next, and so on til you get to the top dog. Maybe AJ did contact Buck/DD and getting nada, wants to go the next step. Should have just don that IMO and not gone public. But then again maybe going public has gotten the ear of an Angelos.

There is this thing that's been around over a hundred years before twitter, it's called....

....a telephone.

Most people today have access to more than one, and certainly Adam has. How about using it to call Buck or Dan before venting on social media?

I generally agree with you on this point, but, if I understand what happened in this case correctly, one of Adam's main gripes is that his telephone messages were not returned. Am I mistaken about that?

Archived