If, IF, if Ubaldo continues to dominate?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys' date=' move on please, nothing to see here. It's only his second appearance of the spring. Ubaldo has a reputation of being a very good pitcher with a low BB rate. He will right the ship before the start of the season.

:smile11:[/quote']

Funny!

Unless he's planning on a 180 pitch outting, im not holding my breath for another Ubaldo no-hitter. Im not saying Ubaldo doesn't have the stuff. That's never been the issue.
Actually, he doesn't have all of the stuff he used to. His velocity has slowed down. Back when he had a really fast fast ball, he could get away with all of the walks. He can't get away with them any longer. He's going to have to learn some new techniques to gain command at this later stage of this career.

Guys' date=' move on please, nothing to see here. It's only his second appearance of the spring. Ubaldo has a reputation of being a very good pitcher with a low BB rate. He will right the ship before the start of the season.

:smile11:[/quote']With my orange colored glasses on: Ubaldo will win 15 games as a starter this year. :D;) :rofl:

Actually, he doesn't have all of the stuff he used to. His velocity has slowed down. Back when he had a really fast fast ball, he could get away with all of the walks. He can't get away with them any longer. He's going to have to learn some new techniques to gain command at this later stage of this career.

What was his average fastball velocity in 2013? When he was the best pitcher in the AL from July on.

Guys guys, everyone is freaking out. It has only been 1 year and 2 spring training games. No need to freak out unless he continues to be bad for another 2 years, but then I am sure he will turn the corner in year 4:)

Gosh, everyone is overreacting:) I much rather read about how Travis Snider will be the next Bambino.

:smile11:[/quote']

I love when posters simply post discussion points and get accused of overeacting. It is friggin' message board. Those individuals are actually the ones that are "Freaking out". Just let people speak their mind and stop trying to group our fans.

I love when posters simply post discussion points and get accused of overeacting. It is friggin' message board. Those individuals are actually the ones that are "Freaking out". Just let people speak their mind and stop trying to group our fans.

Saying it is time to cut bait is over reacting. And also shows a lack of knowledge about baseball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saying it is time to cut bait is over reacting. And also shows a lack of knowledge about baseball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See that is what I mean. I don't think the OP (and definitely not me) are saying to cut bait. He/she started a thread and everyone gets their panties in a bunch.

It's a message board to DISCUSS things...it is okay to overact. Nobody honestly thinks we should "cut bait" right now. That would be dumb.

Archived