Interesting things early

wildcard

Based on what? He looked ok to me in LF and the numbers seem to say he's at least average in LF. I don't have any advanced baserunning statistics but besides not being a great basestealer what do base him being a bad baserunner on?

Cubs fans warned us he was very prone to mistakes in the field and on the bases.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disappointing. The Orioles brought in some famous knuckleballers to work with and the message has always been that you can't be an effective knuckleballer until you give in to the knuckleball and understand it is the only thing that is going to keep you in the league. If he hasn't gotten that message and ingrained it into his being by now I don't know that he ever will.

He really, really is struggling with the fact that he's a knuckleball pitcher. I like Eddie, think he's a good guy, but until he starts throwing his knuckleball 90% of the time, he's always going to be inconsistent.

He really, really is struggling with the fact that he's a knuckleball pitcher. I like Eddie, think he's a good guy, but until he starts throwing his knuckleball 90% of the time, he's always going to be inconsistent.

This is so confusing/frustrating with Eddie. Wasn't he at the point last season where he was throwing 90% knuckleballs and mixing in the fastball when needed. I thought they were trying to make him pitch more like Dickey... and he was becoming effective.

This is so confusing/frustrating with Eddie. Wasn't he at the point last season where he was throwing 90% knuckleballs and mixing in the fastball when needed. I thought they were trying to make him pitch more like Dickey... and he was becoming effective.

He was a free agent in Mexico. Trying to look good enough for someone to sign.

Good thread!

Couple of things to add:

- I won't bust De Aza's balls for one bad game in the field. We know what he is out there and it's best described as "decent" or "better than Delmon Young". Look for Lough to give him a good challenge, though.

- Every time Schoop makes a play like that, I remember why Buck stuck with him most of the season. Yeah, the hitting line was abysmal, but he brings defense and power to the 2B position which is pretty rare. Normally it's one or the other out there.

- Was cool to see Givens out there throwing strikes and hitting 94 on the gun. He's a sleeper emergency call-up this year, I think.

Hah better than Delmon Young doesn't say that much haha!

I think Buck wants solid defense at 2B and someone who can get on base. I doubt he really cares about a power bat at that position. Although It's nice to have but I would much rather see better plate discipline and higher OBP from Schoop than 20HRs+. Of course if he can get all that down, I think the HRs will increase as well.

Hah better than Delmon Young doesn't say that much haha!

I think Buck wants solid defense at 2B and someone who can get on base. I doubt he really cares about a power bat at that position. Although It's nice to have but I would much rather see better plate discipline and higher OBP from Schoop than 20HRs+. Of course if he can get all that down, I think the HRs will increase as well.

Would you not say, that Schoop at 2nd last year, overall was better than what they had been running out there?

Archived