Chris Davis wants to see Orioles commit to the future before he does

TheOrangeBirds

Will you be happy if the team sucks in 2016?

Seriously, I don't like what Davis said, but he's not completely wrong that there's a lot of incertainty as to how the team will be next year.

I think we still have a great core of players for 2016 and beyond. Machado, Jones, Hardy, Schoop, Tillman, Gausman, Bundy, Harvey. This is the year that we really need to start building up the farm. 5 picks in the top 102 this year and possibly 8 or 9 in the top 100 next year. Not that any of those players will be available in 2016 but I think we're set up very nicely for the present and future.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would all the crybaby, multi-millionaire, living-the-dream, MLB players please STFU. All this because over-rated and injured Nick Markakis took a few dollars more from a bad team.

Maybe if CD hadn't been suspended, maybe if Nick and AJ had produced more, maybe they'd already be winners (i.e. world series champions) but, sure, let's point fingers at the FO. Are they mad about Cruz leaving? The same guy some players made a fuss about when we signed him?

Anyone who's not happy here can get the hell out. Dan, too. This miserable off season can be over any time now.

Yeah, I don't understand it. Loyalty is a two-way street. Markakis chose to get paid as is his right but from all accounts the Orioles made a competitive offer. Loyalty doesn't require offering more money than the other 29 MLB teams.

Yeah, I don't understand it. Loyalty is a two-way street. Markakis chose to get paid as is his right but from all accounts the Orioles made a competitive offer. Loyalty doesn't require offering more money than the other 29 MLB teams.

Nick never made an accommodation for the Orioles not trumping all offers. Or holding to the four year framework when he found that he "might" have to have his neck fused. Around the same time the Orioles did. And before the Braves did.

Same old same old. Players like to talk. Chris Davis the star would not have been happy with the Orioles trading for Chris Davis the reclamation project from Texas. How soon they forget.

What a valid statement. Good post.

There's not another team I'd rather us model ourselves after than the Cardinals. But they have ownership committed to winning. I'm skeptical that they'll re-sign Manny, which is a problem.

I don't think Manny will allow himself to sign a long term extension. I think the O's would have to commit to a significant overpay just to get him to the table.

I think he wants a monster 10-12 year deal.

I could be wrong.

There's not another team I'd rather us model ourselves after than the Cardinals. But they have ownership committed to winning. I'm skeptical that they'll re-sign Manny, which is a problem.

Every team's fans say something like that. There are 30 teams. How come it is only the Cardinals that anyone wants to "model" after? Nobody says, "Hey I want my team to model themselves after the MFYs". There are 29 other teams that would like to be the Cardinals too. But they aren't. The Cardinals are the Cardinals. The Rays are the Rays. The MFYs are the MFYs. And we are the Orioles. We are not going to be the Cardinals. But then, neither are any of the other teams in the AL or NL.

I don't think Manny will allow himself to sign a long term extension. I think the O's would have to commit to a significant overpay just to get him to the table.

I could be wrong.

If the Orioles were to have signed him, it would have been while either of his knees were still hamburger.

I could be wrong.

I'd offer him something similar to what Seager got with a few mutual options tacked on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived