After a week of the Grapefruit League, where are the O's?

wildcard

Record: 2-6; at home 1-3

27th in OPS

21st in ERA

Tranlation: The other team's second stringers are beat the O's first stringers.

What does this mean. Nothing, except the O's don't want to start the regular season the way they are starting the exhibition season.

Dariel Alvarez is out hitting Snider, Lough, Jones, and de Aza. If that is happening in week 4 look for Buck to pay a little more attention. Especually if the team in not hitting as a whole.

Jason Garcia is wowing them. Great fastball which he seems to be controlling and according to Joseph as pretty good slider. When this kid pitches everyone stops to watch. O's may have to make room for this kid.

They are warming a spot in the pen for Ubaldo. Enough said

Norris had a bad outing but Bud had such a good 2014 no one cares. He will find it.

Paredes is hitting but then again he should be. He is in middle season form after playing winter ball while everyone else is trying to find their stroke. But can he field? Stay tuned.

Cabrera has to pick up his pace if he wants to avoid a trip to AAA. Flaherty is not sleeping on this competition.

Wieters O-13. So maybe his hitting is behind his fielding and, of course, he is not fielding in a game yet.

I refuse to go into Adamgate or CDgate. You can read that in another thread.

Nothing has happen good or bad that can't be undone in the next three weeks.

So what did you see that I didn't mention?

When I was watching Ubaldo blow up in his first outing I said to myself, "bet someone will quote our ERA next week." Stats mean nothing in Spring Training, especially after the first week. Let's try and keep things in perspective.

When I was watching Ubaldo blow up in his first outing I said to myself, "bet someone will quote our ERA next week." Stats mean nothing in Spring Training, especially after the first week. Let's try and keep things in perspective.

I at least found Ubaldo's comments about his his command not being too bad after 35 pitches, 3 walks, 2 hit batters and a wild pitch in 1 plus inning as being like-able and related to baseball.

I at least found Ubaldo's comments about his his command not being too bad after 35 pitches, 3 walks, 2 hit batters and a wild pitch in 1 plus inning as being like-able and related to baseball.

Haha. I wondered, "I guess someone would have died if he didn't have command of his fastball."

#1 in overly sensitive Drama Queens.

I see you have no reading comprehension at all and like to cherry pick what you criticize.

Read the next two sentences:

What does this mean. Nothing, except the O's don't want to start the regular season the way they are starting the exhibition season.

I thought you were better than this.

I see you have no reading comprehension at all and like to cherry pick what you criticize.

Yeah. It's called a freaking joke and it summarizes my impression of the first week of spring training. Not nearly as good as your critically

astute observation about the first week of spring training meaning nothing of course. Try greasing up that stick before you sit on it next time.

I think that was a dig at Jones and Davis, not you. Could be wrong though.

Yeah. It's called a freaking joke and it summarizes my impression of the first week of spring training. Not nearly as good as your critically

astute observation about the first week of spring training meaning nothing of course. Try greasing up that stick before you sit on it next time.

Sorry, didn't understand your comment. I guess its time to get some sleep. Peace.

Not to mention entertainingly hallucinatory.

Archived