O'Day: "I'd like to come back, for sure"

wildcard

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're resourceful, so they'll figure out a way to keep the guys they need to keep. I'm not going to put myself in their shoes. We'll see what happens. I'd like to see us commit to winning for a long time and I think this organization has been on the path to that the last few years by the acquisitions and kind of reinvigorating the minor leagues, so it will be an interesting year, for sure."

Darren O'Day to Roch Kubatko

I hope he stays.

Darren O'Day to Roch Kubatko

I hope he stays.

I haven't seen any projections but my instincts tell me that O'Day is likely to regress over his age 33-34 seasons. I'd rather he regress somewhere else.

I am also of the mindset that relief pitchers should only stay in division for a few years to keep division rivals from getting too familiar with them.

I can see the O's offering O'Day another two year contract. The question is can they agree on the price. 2/9 for O'Day's age 33 and 34 years sounds about right. I am sure his agent will try to get more but I don't know if the O's will go passed that.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/03/oday-id-like-to-come-back-for-sure.html

Pat Neshek got 2/12.5. Darren is better and younger than Neshek. I think Darren will want closer to 2/14 - 2/16. Unless he takes a discount to stay in Baltimore.

So are the reporters going to ask every player on the team if they're coming back next year? This seems like it's getting a little ridiculous... I mean what are you expecting them to say?

Opening day can't come soon enough.

This is from a thread I started in December when the Astros signed a couple of non-closer relievers:

Luke Gregerson 3/$18.5 mm (133 ERA+ career, 176 in 2014)

Pat Neshek 2/$12.5 mm (145 ERA+ career, 197 in 2014)

O'Day will make $4.25 mm next year (175 ERA+ career, 225 in 2014). He's a year older than Gregerson, two year younger than Neshek. If he has a year close to the three he's had for us so far, he is in for a nice payday next offseason.

I think he will do better than 2/$9 mm if he has a typical O'Day season in 2015. (I see some other posters mentioned Neshek as I was looking for my old post.)

Archived