2015 New York Yankees

OFFNY

I am glad CC wanted help. I am concerned about the culture that allowed him to get so hammered in the clubhouse that he could not leave on his own.

Sounds like the Yankees may have more management issues than the Orioles.

They are going to get out of that contract, aren't they.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

http://bronxbaseballdaily.com/2015/10/masahiro-tanakas-elbow-injury-could-lead-to-more-bone-spurs/

Tanaka’s bone spur surgery isn’t as simple as cleaning out the elbow every few months. The doctors can only clean out Tanaka’s elbow so many times before they might have to do a complete reconstruction.

“If he’s got laxity, then yes, they’re going to recur,” Hausman said. “And depending on how much laxity there is, it may eventually require reconstruction. You can arthroscopically clean out the elbow a couple of times, but it’s not something you can do every couple of months.”

In other words, the only way to fully fix Tanaka’s elbow issue with Tommy John Surgery, and even though Tanaka is pitching with the slight tear now, it’s only a matter of time before he’ll be forced to undergo Tommy John Surgery, which could sideline his Major League career.

Archived