Who's the better pitcher Bundy or Eduardo Rodriguez?

webbrick2010

He may be nothing. He looked fine to me today.

I didn't even know he pitched today. I'm just going off reports that his velocity is still down 5 mph or so and that his breaking stuff doesn't seem to be as sharp as before. Considering that he threw 41 innings last year after finishing his rehab, he ought to be back to full capacity by now. Is he a polished enough pitcher to succeed throwing 91-93 mph? Quite possibly, but his ceiling was a lot higher when he was throwing 96-98.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't even know he pitched today. I'm just going off reports that his velocity is still down 5 mph or so and that his breaking stuff doesn't seem to be as sharp as before. Considering that he threw 41 innings last year after finishing his rehab, he ought to be back to full capacity by now. Is he a polished enough pitcher to succeed throwing 91-93 mph? Quite possibly, but his ceiling was a lot higher when he was throwing 96-98.
* On Dylan Bundy: "I thought Dylan was better. You see a lot of guys coming off that surgery, you see a lot of fluctuations in velocity. This gun here was all over the place. It wasn't even close. I thought the ball came out of his hand pretty good. I thought Dylan was better today. He's been a little better every time out and that's what you hope to see."

Roch quoting Buck after today's game.

Roch quoting Buck after today's game.

Good to hear. I want to stress, I've by no means given up on Bundy. But I do worry that he may not come back to be 100% of what he might have been. Not everyone responds the same to TJ surgery.

Good to hear. I want to stress, I've by no means given up on Bundy. But I do worry that he may not come back to be 100% of what he might have been. Not everyone responds the same to TJ surgery.

They've also changed his off-season regimen, so it might take him a little bit before he can just let the talent take over.

I worry about the ability of anyone in the family to stay healthy. Still early here, would like to see him stay healthy a whole year.

Imagine if we had traded him when his stock was Matt Wieters-esque.

Erod was too high a price. I said it then and I am usually alwYs pro-trade. Only few chances to win..but Erod is going to come back and bite us I am afraid.

I worry about the ability of anyone in the family to stay healthy. Still early here, would like to see him stay healthy a whole year.

Erod was too high a price. I said it then and I am usually alwYs pro-trade. Only few chances to win..but Erod is going to come back and bite us I am afraid.

At the time he was traded, his stock was substantially lower. I am surprise you had not gotten off the bandwagon. Lots of folks said he was failed at that time and should have been traded instead of Hader the year before.

Oh yea, we should definitely eviscerate Duquette for trading a struggling young high-end arm to acquire a piece for last year's run, and then strongly advocate for trading another struggling young high-end arm since he should be back to 100% after pitching 44 full innings last year. And you definitely get big returns for prospects who you know are going to be horrible but nobody else does.

At the time he was traded, his stock was substantially lower. I am surprise you had not gotten off the bandwagon. Lots of folks said he was failed at that time and should have been traded instead of Hader the year before.

If only Duquette would listen to us and trade the prospects who won't work out but keep the ones who will.

As long as we consistently make the playoffs 3 out of 5 years, I don't give a rat's ass what Eduardo Rodriguez does. Trading him last year kept the Tigers from acquiring Miller, and that's good enough for me.

I'm still not impressed with EdRod. I never really was. I don't think he'll be a quality major leaguer at all.

Bundy? Who knows. Lot of the greats didn't throw much more than 92 but I certainly was more excited about him when he was touching 98. It's still possible he adds some velocity.

As long as we consistently make the playoffs 3 out of 5 years, I don't give a rat's ass what Eduardo Rodriguez does. Trading him last year kept the Tigers from acquiring Miller, and that's good enough for me.

And it is crying over spilled milk. We aren't getting ERod back. They should have complained about it when the trade was made. What is the point of comparing Bundy and ERod now?

Archived