Who's the better pitcher Bundy or Eduardo Rodriguez?

webbrick2010

I don't know much, but I am definitely on the concerned side. He went from destroying hitters to surgery to moderately serviceable. I know that can change, but he also could be destroying hitters again now.....but he isnt. Put me in the concerned that he won't be Nolan Ryan camp. If there is such a camp.....

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Bundy really the issue here? I feel like patience would be a no brainer in his case if the O's system didn't continue to be thin/suspect. I'm going to enjoy 2015, but the future makes me uneasy.

No but Bundy is the discussion. Agree completely the future is tenuous. Come on summer and baseball!

None whatsoever unless the express purpose is to sling mud - primarily in the direction of Dan Duquette. Personally I'm about four months away from being concerned about Bundy. I don't buy anybody's suggestion, however oblique, that ERod's turnaround was predictable. The only thing Duquette is guilty of is paying retail and that judgement comes with the benefit of hindsight.

Not to mention, I don't mind paying retail to get Miller for our Playoff run. Only 20 innings or whatever for us but he was DEATH for us. Death knell reliever.

Not to mention, I don't mind paying retail to get Miller for our Playoff run. Only 20 innings or whatever for us but he was DEATH for us. Death knell reliever.

What did we call it in game threads? H-BOMB. Hunter, Britton, O'Day, Miller, Brach. Mix and match that day.

I'm sure the Red Sox were happy at the time they got a good reliever for their playoff run when they traded Jeff Bagwell, too. It doesn't look so nice 5+ years down the line.

I'm sure the Red Sox were happy at the time they got a good reliever for their playoff run when they traded Jeff Bagwell, too. It doesn't look so nice 5+ years down the line.

They were probably happy to get EdRod! And not wrongly so. Out of the race, for Miller. You have to give quality to GET quality. :noidea: Still VERY glad to still have Bundy over Rodriguez.

I just disagree with this, if EdRod turns into a good SP. You could be talking about 20 IP vs. 1000+, at below market prices.

I just disagree with this, if EdRod turns into a good SP. You could be talking about 20 IP vs. 1000+, at below market prices.

The end game of getting Miller though was winning a World Series. I didn't happen, but we sure had a better chance with him of it happening. I'm happy we made the trade because we were legit contenders last year. If we were on the outside looking in when the trade was made, then I would not be happy.

Great! Sure, I buy that most power pitchers increase their velocity as spring goes along. At 91-93, Bundy has a long way to go. Maybe he gets to 96-98 by the end of spring. Maybe he gets there by June. I find it concerning that he's 91-93 right now if those readings are accurate. My fear is that he's almost 2 years removed from surgery. had a chance to get some innings in last year, and the velocity will never be the same. I guess we'll wait and see. I'd rather not have to wait and see.

As Tom Petty said, "The waiting is the hardest part."

By July we should have a better picture of which pitcher is the better prospect. I predict Bundy will be fine, but that's just taking a positive outlook. He could lose a few clicks. We'll see.

The end game of getting Miller though was winning a World Series. I didn't happen, but we sure had a better chance with him of it happening. I'm happy we made the trade because we were legit contenders last year. If we were on the outside looking in when the trade was made, then I would not be happy.

I agree with this. Part of the reason for having a farm system is to trade players for players you think you might need.

Archived