Selection Sunday

LayzieDES

Seeding is more about earned opportunity than the actual in tourney performance, really should separate the two. IMO, I don't think there is any question MD got burned with a 4 seed, tourney results aside.

One a side note, I have 3 out of 4 final four teams in my money bracket and I had the Gonzaga/Duke game lined up today too, just got the result wrong. Now I have to cheer for Kentucky to win it all and since they trounced WVU I have good with that! :D

Well, see, I was responding to this:

The fact that there are 2 Big Ten teams in the Final Four makes it even more ridiculous that Maryland got a 4 seed. Oh, and 0 Big 12 teams even made it to the Elite 8. That conference got flat out embarrassed.

So that would be the reason I was mentioning tourney performance.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seeding is more about earned opportunity than the actual in tourney performance, really should separate the two. IMO, I don't think there is any question MD got burned with a 4 seed, tourney results aside.

One a side note, I have 3 out of 4 final four teams in my money bracket and I had the Gonzaga/Duke game lined up today too, just got the result wrong. Now I have to cheer for Kentucky to win it all and since they trounced WVU I have good with that! :D

I also had 3 out of 4 teams in my money bracket. I had Arizona beating Wisconsin. If Kentucky wins the title, I'm going to make a nice chunk of change.

Oh, I knew you were, my response was just in general. Still sucks that we got the region and seed we did, just still burned about it a bit.

The committee was obsessed with the Big 12. The Big 12 turned out to be possibly the worst major conference. People were saying the Big 12 was vastly overrated before Selection Sunday. Maryland had a better record in a better conference and still got a lower seed. They also beat Iowa State and Oklahoma State.

I also had 3 out of 4 teams in my money bracket. I had Arizona beating Wisconsin. If Kentucky wins the title, I'm going to make a nice chunk of change.

I think Wisconsin is the only real challenge left for Kentucky and I bet it isn't much of a challenge. I think we are both quite safe.

Archived