Will Jimmy Paredes force his way onto this team?

mdbdotcom

It's not just the hitting, he's actually playing well in the field. Well enough, in fact, that Buck has mentioned it several times.

Might they move one of the LHH outfielders to make room for Paredes? I'd hate to see them give up a switch-hitter who seems to have found his glove.

It's good to see his improvement. Hope I'm not jinxing him.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not just the hitting, he's actually playing well in the field. Well enough, in fact, that Buck has mentioned it several times.

Might they move one of the LHH outfielders to make room for Paredes? I'd hate to see them give up a switch-hitter who seems to have found his glove.

It's good to see his improvement. Hope I'm not jinxing him.

The Pirates Broadcasters said that he will be snatched if the Orioles try to DFA him.

The Pirates Broadcasters said that he will be snatched if the Orioles try to DFA him.

No doubt about that. Too bad we have to keep one of Cabrera or Flaherty for SS.

It sucks that we have 29 guys for 25 spots and the four losers are likely out of the organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sucks that we have 29 guys for 25 spots and the four losers are likely out of the organization.

Last year (when his fielding sucked) Paredes said his best position was SS. Maybe we'll see him there for a few innings soon.

Well, it beats having 19 serviceable players for 25 spots, which was us all too recently.

Would it be shocking to keep both Lough and Paredes and send both Flaherty and Cabrera down? Could they get away with Paredes as the primary back up infielder?

Would it be shocking to keep both Lough and Paredes and send both Flaherty and Cabrera down? Could they get away with Paredes as the primary back up infielder?

He would have to be capable of giving JJ a day off every now and then.

Last year (when his fielding sucked) Paredes said his best position was SS. Maybe we'll see him there for a few innings soon.

I would think he should have been getting reps at SS since the beginning of ST if they thought he was viable there.

He would have to be capable of giving JJ a day off every now and then.

If Hardy has the back issues he had early last season, then yes, you'd need Cabrera or Flaherty. If he's healthy, maybe they can get by with Paredes.

I think the only way he makes it is if Cabrera or Flaherty is on the team. Paredes problem is he has mainly been at 3rd and we have Manny there. Schoop is going to sit more than Hardy or JJ unless he is just on fire. I think the best way for Paredes to make it is if Lough gets dealt or there is an injury to another outfielder. Being able to play 2nd and SS is more of a priority on this team than 3rd.

Paredes played a lot at 2nd in minors but that was years ago.

Paredes games by postion in the minors (2207-2014)

2b - 643 games

3b - 187 games

SS - 73 games

LF - 5 games

RF - 42 games

CF - 19 games

Last year, in the minors for the Orioles and Royals, he played 2B, 3B, SS, LF, and RF.

Paredes games by postion in the minors (2207-2014)

2b - 643 games

3b - 187 games

SS - 73 games

LF - 5 games

RF - 42 games

CF - 19 games

Last year, in the minors for the Orioles and Royals, he played 2B, 3B, SS, LF, and RF.

His numbers at 2nd are poor and he hasn't played there much the last 2 seasons. I think if he is the only UTI then Buck will start playing him more at 2nd this spring.

It's worse when the O's have 21 or fewer guys for 25 spots. Not too long ago and for too many years, poor management made this the norm. Dan Duquette always stocks the O's with capable ball players.

It's worse when the O's have 21 or fewer guys for 25 spots. Not too long ago and for too many years, poor management made this the norm. Dan Duquette always stocks the O's with capable ball players.

I miss the Brandon Fahey and Freddie Bynum days. Those guys were legends.

Archived