Go Duke!-beat Carolina

weemnj

Sure, I can see him becoming a very good player as well, but just look at some of those names I mentioned earlier, they don't have guys like that this year, that's all.

With the right work ethic, Scheyer could be very close to Redick. He already has better handles than Redick and he can shoot well too, though not as well as Redick, who was ridiculous.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember, they are 8 points away from being the #2 seed in the ACC tourney and owning a share of the regular season ACC tourney. If that were the case, they would be 25-6, a top 10 team and a definite #3 seed as of right now.

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.;)

You can't use the 8 points away argument, that gets you no points here.

Humphries never came to school...Thompson wasn't good.

Scheyer is already a solid contributor, as is Thomas.

McRoberts was the high school player of the year and every guy you mentioned are McDs AA. Last year, they went to the sweet 16, won the ACC tourney and won around 30 games.

I do see anything as getting worse at all. They are down this year with no leadership, very little experience and lack that one guy(Henderson seems to be becoming that guy now though)who can take over the end of games.

Remember, they are 8 points away from being the #2 seed in the ACC tourney and owning a share of the regular season ACC tourney. If that were the case, they would be 25-6, a top 10 team and a definite #3 seed as of right now.

Scheyer and Thomas are ok, but don't look like the kind of guys who are going to be the next big stars at Duke like the guys I mentioned above. To say McRoberts and P.aulus haven't been just a tad dissapointing is surprising to me.

They're still a good team, I agree with you, but for a while they were a threat to win the Title every year, which they are not anymore. Some fans get spoiled, whether it's unfair or not.

DeMarcus Nelson is a dissapointment. Thought he would be better and more of a leader. Not that I shed a tear over that.

No he's not....His defense has really improved and he is averaging 14 a game...I thought he may average another 1-3 points this year but he hasn't been disappointing at all.

He was never going to be "the man" but more ofa guy who would be a second or third option and that is what he is. He is also a very good rebounder

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.;)

You can't use the 8 points away argument, that gets you no points here.

The point is it isn't like they are the Terps who bring in top 15 classes and can't even win the NIT.

They have been right there and just haven't gotten over the top at the end of the game a few times.

That's a pretty specious argument. They were swept by Maryland AND UNC. It's tough to argue that's a simple matter of 8 points.

My big argument against Duke this year (and going forward) is simply that they're not athletic enough. Though a significant upgrade in athleticism for next year will make Paulus and Scheyer much more effective. McRoberts is an enigma.

Sure, I can see him becoming a very good player as well, but just look at some of those names I mentioned earlier, they don't have guys like that this year, that's all.

And who does? Some of the guys you mentioned are once every 10 year type players.

No one has ever said Scheyer or Thomas will be the next Grant Hill or Jason Williams....But they can and are and will be very good players on very good teams.

No he's not....His defense has really improved and he is averaging 14 a game...I thought he may average another 1-3 points this year but he hasn't been disappointing at all.

He was never going to be "the man" but more ofa guy who would be a second or third option and that is what he is. He is also a very good rebounder

Yeah, I guess, I didn't know he averages 14 points a game. That is better than I thought. He hasn't seemed to me to be the senior leader. Paulus seems to be the leader, I guess that is the problem with the team, lack of leadership.

Scheyer and Thomas are ok, but don't look like the kind of guys who are going to be the next big stars at Duke like the guys I mentioned above. To say McRoberts and P.aulus haven't been just a tad dissapointing is surprising to me.

They're still a good team, I agree with you, but for a while they were a threat to win the Title every year, which they are not anymore. Some fans get spoiled, whether it's unfair or not.

This year they aren't...They certainly have been every year as of late though and, depending on who comes back to college next year, they may be the preseason pick next year.

BTW, i don't think i would call Paulus disappointing...McRoberts disappoints me with his lack of assertiveness.

The point is it isn't like they are the Terps who bring in top 15 classes and can't even win the NIT.

They have been right there and just haven't gotten over the top at the end of the game a few times.

Yeah, but don't bring the argument we are 8 points away from being a top 10 team. Almost counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, not basketball.

The last two years have been brutal for Maryland fans. Having that good of recruits turn into crap is frustrating.

And who does? Some of the guys you mentioned are once every 10 year type players.

No one has ever said Scheyer or Thomas will be the next Grant Hill or Jason Williams....But they can and are and will be very good players on very good teams.

I agree, I'm just reporting what I've read on some Duke boards..Some people get spoiled, whether it's right or not.

We're going through that at Carolina now, with 4 or 5 NBA type players. I realize it won't be like that forever.

Yeah, I guess, I didn't know he averages 14 points a game. That is better than I thought. He hasn't seemed to me to be the senior leader. Paulus seems to be the leader, I guess that is the problem with the team, lack of leadership.

Probably because he isn't a senior. :D

Yea, I've now calmed down and watched it rationally, and you guys are right, it wasn't really a dirty play on Henderson Jr's part, it was just an unfortunate thing.

I didn't watch the game. I'm not a Hansborough fan. I actually can't stand the guy.

But after watching the replays, there is NO DOUBT in my mind it was an intentional, flagrant foul delivered by Henderson. Even Coach K mentioned in his post game interview that it was unfortunate the players were in the game. [Translation - Why in the hell is Hansborough in the game with a 14 point lead and only 15 seconds left in the game.]

Perhaps Henderson didn't intend to break his nose, but he did intend to flagrantly foul him. Spin it however you want, but Coach K was sending a message to Roy and Tyler.

I say... Message received loud and clear!!!

Yeah, but don't bring the argument we are 8 points away from being a top 10 team. Almost counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, not basketball.

The last two years have been brutal for Maryland fans. Having that good of recruits turn into crap is frustrating.

I bring it up when speaking of them being disappointing.

They have been disappointing at the end of games BUT they have played hard all year round and have just missed. Yes, they still missed but their record is worse than they have played and their "peripheral" numbers are very good(RPI, SOS, top 50 wins, etc..)

Plus, as showed today, they played the toughest ACC schedule this year, by far.

This year they aren't...They certainly have been every year as of late though and, depending on who comes back to college next year, they may be the preseason pick next year.

BTW, i don't think i would call Paulus disappointing...McRoberts disappoints me with his lack of assertiveness.

You're not going to believe me when i say this, but I actually like Paulus quite a bit, I think he's the perfect point guard. I think most anti Duke people just hate him in the way they hated Wojo, Collins, and Hurley...He's a far better player than Wojo and Collins, and would be as good as Hurley if he had the team around him that Bobby did.

As for McRoberts, I'm with you, I don't get him at all. If he had Hansbrough's heart, he'd be the best player in the country.

Archived