Go Duke!-beat Carolina

weemnj

Being at the station all day and hearing all of the "experts" throughout the day, I would say 80% of people interviewed think it was an intentional foul, and that Coach K's comments were atrocious, which we all agreed with. I don't know, and obviously only Henderson knows for sure. I was just a little surprised with all of the pundits that thought it was done intentionally. Interesting stuff...I dont want this to start anything at all, I just wanted to report for those who don't have a job where they listen to ESPN radio all day.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first time I saw it today was on Around The Horn. It looked pretty bad. It looked like he intentionally hit him. Maybe he wasn't trying to break his nose, but it was pretty bad. Add to that Coach Ks uncalled for comments and it was pretty clear they weren't happy that Hansborough was on the floor. It's too bad, Henderson misses a game and Hansborough will be affected by this, even if only slightly. More shocking was that Coach K really showed very little class and dignity.

Hard fouls are made in almost every game at every level of basketball.

If one of my players took that aggressive a move at a player with 15 seconds left in a game I would be having some serious words with him. He might not see the floor again for a while. There is NO reason for a hard foul like that at any level when the game is decided with 15 seconds left. Running up the score with the best players in the game, that ain't right, but committing a hard foul like that is a serious no-no.

More shocking was that Coach K really showed very little class and dignity.

And yet the national media gives him a free pass because he is the "golden boy." If someone other coach (pick someone like the dude from Tennessee who paints himself orange) had handled a situation that way, he'd be getting killed in the media. I didn't think it was definitely intentional until I heard his comments. I think he made things worse for Henderson when he had to get in his jab at Roy.

And yet the national media gives him a free pass because he is the "golden boy." If someone other coach (pick someone like the dude from Tennessee who paints himself orange) had handled a situation that way, he'd be getting killed in the media. I didn't think it was definitely intentional until I heard his comments. I think he made things worse for Henderson when he had to get in his jab at Roy.

Not anymore, most of the media has seen through him for a few years now. He's not the golden boy he once was. And you're right, he made things much worse for everyone involved with his comments yesterday.

Not anymore, most of the media has seen through him for a few years now. He's not the golden boy he once was. And you're right, he made things much worse for everyone involved with his comments yesterday.

Well, if you listen to garbage like ESPN he still is the golden boy. They didn't even air his "we were sad that they kept trying when we wanted to crawl into a hole...so we fouled him...but we did it while playing our hearts out" comment on Sports Center. They talked about it today on the "opinion" shows, but left it out last night.

Well, if you listen to garbage like ESPN he still is the golden boy. They didn't even air his "we were sad that they kept trying when we wanted to crawl into a hole...so we fouled him...but we did it while playing our hearts out" comment on Sports Center. They talked about it today on the "opinion" shows, but left it out last night.

I don't know, I was listening all day to ESPN radio, and most of the commentaries were very Anti-K, especially Dan Patrick, the prominent host on the radio. The "he had it coming for being in the game" thing spoke very poorly of K and his attitude and most people felt the same way.

It's only shocking to those who haven't paid attention over the years. He's as phoney as a three-dollar bill.

The best line I have ever read here. About time someone agrees with me. Meet me at Mons Venus this weekend , lapdance on me.

Even i agree K's comments were bs. He shouldn't even bring up the idea of TH being in there. That is just stupid.

That being said, there was no way this was intentional.

You know, I'm getting tired of your defense. I haven't seen anyone on here since about the second page of this thread who is even slightly implying that he was trying to hurt Hansbrough. We all readily admit there was no intent to injure.

However, even Henderson himself admits he was trying to block the shot OR FOUL Hansbrough. And K admitted he was trying to foul him HARD.

When someone intends to foul someone hard, and the player he fouls gets hurt, there must be consequences. And especially when it happens when the game is not in question with little time left on the clock. If you allow this to happen in such circumstances, you will end up with not only a lot of injured players, but also a lot of brawls.

As for the suspension, I have no issue with it for the simple reason that the rules state nothing about intent to injure. They are clear about the fact that a player who commits a flagrant foul (which it was, as Ratface admitted the intent was to foul hard) in such circumstances can be ejected, and once ejected, the NCAA mandates the suspension.

Analogy: If you start shooting off a gun to scare off some guys who are trespassing, and in the process you happen to kill one of them, you are going to be convicted of manslaughter and do jail time. Did you mean to kill the guy? No. Did you even look at the guy you killed? No. Are you still guilty and do you deserve to do time? Absolutely. It's not murder. It's manslaughter.

Well, Gerald Henderson decided to shoot off his gun in the vicinity of Hansbrough, and he made the kill. Manslaughter, and now he will serve his time.

You know, I'm getting tired of your defense. I haven't seen anyone on here since about the second page of this thread who is even slightly implying that he was trying to hurt Hansbrough. We all readily admit there was no intent to injure.

However, even Henderson himself admits he was trying to block the shot OR FOUL Hansbrough. And K admitted he was trying to foul him HARD.

When someone intends to foul someone hard, and the player he fouls gets hurt, there must be consequences. And especially when it happens when the game is not in question with little time left on the clock. If you allow this to happen in such circumstances, you will end up with not only a lot of injured players, but also a lot of brawls.

As for the suspension, I have no issue with it for the simple reason that the rules state nothing about intent to injure. They are clear about the fact that a player who commits a flagrant foul (which it was, as Ratface admitted the intent was to foul hard) in such circumstances can be ejected, and once ejected, the NCAA mandates the suspension.

Analogy: If you start shooting off a gun to scare off some guys who are trespassing, and in the process you happen to kill one of them, you are going to be convicted of manslaughter and do jail time. Did you mean to kill the guy? No. Did you even look at the guy you killed? No. Are you still guilty and do you deserve to do time? Absolutely. It's not murder. It's manslaughter.

Well, Gerald Henderson decided to shoot off his gun in the vicinity of Hansbrough, and he made the kill. Manslaughter, and now he will serve his time.

Yea, what he said.

Am i supposed to care???

Am i supposed to care???

Not at all, you are perfectly entitled to be wrong if you want. :P

Whatever. It's pretty obvious to everyone here that you are exceptionally biased in your defense. You can care or not, but you are fighting this battle alone at this point, and it's pretty apparent that it's because of your allegiance.

Archived