I'm starting to pay attention now

Frobby

o

(MARCH 25th)

If it were 2 or 3 days before Opening Day, I would be somewhat concerned about Machado's defense as of late.

Fortunately, there are still almost 2 weeks left to go (12 days) before Opening Day, so I am fairly confident that that will be plenty of time for him to iron out some of his rough edges/struggles.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You should read the game threads...people always saying he belongs in the pen. I disagree.
Saying that Norris (or any other SP) belongs in the pen isn't "hate." It's an evaluation of current pitching achievement and needs. If someone were to say that Bud was a "bum," or "garbage" or "a cancer" (terms I saw on Facebook about Ubaldo) I would consider to be hateful.

I like the way our spring is progressing. Five of six starters throwing well, bullpen with more decent options than available spots, Pearce looking like last year was no fluke, Reimold looking healthy, team blasting plenty of homers. There are a few guys scuffling or banged up but overall I am encouraged.

Norris based on last year's results should be the third starter. Norris based on spring results should be in the pen. I am going to go off 30 starts and put him in the rotation rather than 3 and put him in the pen. If he still struggles then you have flexibility.
If you go by last year's results, that puts Ubaldo in the pen. Buck will most likely take in both last year's results, plus improvements (or de-provements) as the season progresses into ST. I trust Buck to make the right decision for the good of the team.

OK, time to put Tommy Hunter on the list of pitchers I am officially worried about. On the bright side, if there is something wrong with him, we can put him on the DL and buy time for Garcia/Verrett.

Relievers are a fickle and flaky bunch, maybe he has Johnson-itis and lost his ability to pitch.

I hope not, I like the guy.

When is Jake Fox making the hall of fame and other fun spring training conclusions.

Guys, c'mon. It's spring training. Does it mean nothing? No. Does it mean as close to nothing as anything can? Absolutely. And trying to draw ANY conclusions about a pitcher so wildly inconsistent as Ubaldo from a small sample size versus weird opposition is beyond foolish.

We are all excited. I get it. I'm hopeful for all our guys.

Archived