Boras Upset that Wieters will not be active as a hitter - Sherman NYP says will begin on DL

weams

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that playing DH would delay Wieters' return to catching. But the fact is, Wieters isn't as good a hitter as Delmon Young, and he might not even be as good a hitter as Jimmy Paredes or Travis Snider. Boras wants the Orioles to hurt themselves competitively just so that his client can accumulate more stats.

If Boras was an entertainment industry agent I would love to have him represent me. But since Matt as a DH takes up a spot on the 25 man for an extra catcher, I don't think it's a good idea.

The player who would have to be released and that players agent would not think it is a good idea either. The media should rip him over what he said. He is basically saying another player should lose their job so my client can DH.

I don't think that playing DH would delay Wieters' return to catching. But the fact is, Wieters isn't as good a hitter as Delmon Young, and he might not even be as good a hitter as Jimmy Paredes or Travis Snider. Boras wants the Orioles to hurt themselves competitively just so that his client can accumulate more stats.
Wieters is the same hitter as Young, but with more HR, 22 per to 16 PER. 283 .317 .425 .742/ 257 .320 .423 .743

Yeah that's what I don't understand. In my eyes the Orioles are helping him out by not allowing him to exclusively DH... All his value is essentially being a really good catcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wants a season's full of hitting stats for his client as opposed to 4-5 months. Much easier story to tell on the open market.

He wants a season's full of hitting stats for his client as opposed to 4-5 months. Much easier story to tell on the open market.

He should have done what I suggested before the arbitration deadline, which was to sign a 1-year extension with the O's so his recovery year would not be his walk year. Would have been good for both sides.

I find this odd. Boras is a smart guy. He couldn't have thought his remarks would have an effect that on the Orioles (or their fans) that would be favorable to Matt, and should have realized that they would only draw attention to the fact that Matt is not a viable option as an everyday DH and to his miserable hitting so far in ST.

Makes me wonder whether Boras is concerned that Matt has some loyalty to the O's that might cost Boras a few bucks next winter, and is trying to use the DH issue to drive a wedge between Matt and the team.

I find this odd. Boras is a smart guy. He couldn't have thought his remarks would have an effect that on the Orioles (or their fans) that would be favorable to Matt, and should have realized that they would only draw attention to the fact that Matt is not a viable option as an everyday DH and to his miserable hitting so far in ST.

Makes me wonder whether Boras is concerned that Matt has some loyalty to the O's that might cost Boras a few bucks next winter, and is trying to use the DH issue to drive a wedge between Matt and the team.

I think he was just trying to show his clients that he is willing to fight for them.

Another thing on this... why does Boras want Weiters playing when he clearly isn't recovered yet? So that he can reinjure himself and play even less in a walk year? That'll really help his client establish. (Note: I feel like using the rolleyes emoji about 700,000 times to display my exact feeling, but that would break the Hangout, so I will refrain.)

This was my first thought. He should be more concerned about his clients health than accumulating stats.

It's beginning to look like Matt has a one-way ticket to a one year make-good contract a la Nelson Cruz circa 2014. Scott needs to take a deep breath.

Unless he fires Boras, that will only come in February/March next year after other options are exhausted.

At this point, I could see him taking a QO if he fires Boras.

Archived