Article XX Free Agents. - MLBTraderumors

weams

Interesting. Thought for sure Reimold and JP counted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is possible that Reimold and JP could have negotiated for a similar deal as desirable minor league signings, but neither has the requisite service time to get the deal automatically.

Reimold, fwiw, has said he's prepared to go to Norfolk and work his way back to Baltimore from there.

How can you not respect that kind of attitude? I haven't seen him play many ST games this year, but his numbers look pretty solid, so I hope he can stay healthy and prove himself.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Per Roch, Selby is the call up today, with Davidson presumably DFA.   Guessing today’s pitching looks like:  - Suarez (2-3 IP)  - Webb (1 IP)  - Soto (1 IP)  - Dominguez (1 IP)  - Coulombe (1 IP)  - Selby (2 IP) Bowman fills in gaps as needed.
    • Holliday and Henderson is going to be an elite top 2 in the lineup.
    • He’s also replaced the leg kick with a toe tap. At least with two strikes I noticed. 
    • Last year, of 8 WC teams: - 5 went with 12 pitchers - 2 went with 11 pitchers - 1 went with 13 pitchers I expect the Orioles to go with 12 pitchers. Given how Detroit mixes and matches pitching, we need to have enough platoon options.   I do think there is value in having more pitchers, even if it’s just an extra guy for mop up duty that saves pen in blowout game 2 so we aren’t running on fumes in game 3. However, I think 14 position players and 12 pitchers is the right balance for the wild card series.
    • I don't think this is true.  He's struck out 3 times a few times and gone 0-4 several times and 10 posts haven't been made. I hope he has a nice view from the bench during the playoff series and gets an at bat here or there if we're up big or getting blown out.  I'd like to see him put in a lot of work this offseason and start 2025 on fire.
    • I’m not sure why people continue to ignore the ages of Norby and Stowers and how that effected their value. The Marlins received a 21 and 23 year old for Puk. Of course the Marlins still ended up with our 2 “old guys” but that was a last minute trade. They may not have known they would deal Rogers at the time and Puk was dealt earlier and may have carried more value. That said, it’s very possible Elias valued the long term starter over the short term reliever..and I agree that’s a mistake.
    • Ok so not to beat a dead horse, but AJ Puk got me thinking. I know hindsight is 20/20 and I’ve got a Gator bias, but to my eyes, what the Dbacks gave up for AJ Puk is comparable to what we gave up for Soto or Rogers. If you’re Elias, why not target someone like this on the Marlins if you’re already scouting Rogers? It just highlights for me Elias’ failure to address the bullpen with ML acquistions (deadline or FA). It is becoming a real ding to putting us over the top thus far and is definitely the biggest concern we have going into this postseason. I came away satisfied enough at the deadline but can’t help but wonder if we perhaps could have combo’d getting Rogers and Puk with an additional fringe top 10 throw in? I’m still hoping that Rogers gains a few ticks back on his heater (a la Tillman in 2012) and that our bullpen will perform OK in these playoffs. But as much as I love Elias, I’m coming around to the fact that thus far, I think he’s made some head scratching decisions/non-decisions when it comes to the bullpen.  
  • Popular Contributors