Norris tries to hold on to his rotation spot

wildcard

Norris starts today vs the Ray at Ed Smith - weather permitting. Its forecast to rain at 3 pm.

Norris hasn't had a good start this spring. He has made 4 starts.

1 IP, 4 ER

2.2 IP, 3 ER

4 IP, 3 ER

4 IP, 2 ER with 3 hits and 4 walks

His back was stiff early in camp. I have not heard anything lately about his health. He may be working of a new pitch. With the competition for the rotation he needs to show he can have a better start.

I hope the rain holds off so he can pitch.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roch disagrees with you. He has Norris penciled into the #3 spot in the rotation, if you read his article today.

And he may be right. But if Norris does not prove to be healthy he is on the DL. If he doesn't show better control, he is in the pen. It's up to Norris to show what he can do at this point in the spring.

And he may be right. But if Norris does not prove to be healthy he is on the DL. If he doesn't show better control, he is in the pen. It's up to Norris to show what he can do at this point in the spring.

I agree, but he isn't going to have a short leash eiither.

We will have to see if he doesn't improve his next couple of outings.

Except there is nothing at suggests Norris might be in the bullpen except some conjecture on this site by you and others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you getting this from? There's been no buzz whatsoever that Norris might be shipped to the bullpen. By all indications, the ones fighting for spots are Ubaldo, Gausman, and Gonzalez.

There are only two options for Norris. He'll either begin the season on the DL, or he'll be in the rotation.

Now, it's possible that if he continues to struggle during the regular season, the O's could think about moving him to the pen. But they'll give him plenty of starts before they make that change.

Except there is nothing at suggests Norris might be in the bullpen except some conjecture on this site by you and others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buck has pretty much kept his cards close to his chest as far as the rotation goes.

Regarding the comments Buck made about Gausman possibly going to the pen: I noticed that Buck said that Gausman was instructed not to do any bullpen sessions until the start of ST. As far as I know, none of the other starters was given that instruction, perhaps because of Kevin's age and lack of experience. So that might be one of the reasons Kevin's pitch count is being limited.

Norris starts today vs the Ray at Ed Smith - weather permitting. Its forecast to rain at 3 pm.

Norris hasn't had a good start this spring. He has made 4 starts.

1 IP, 4 ER

2.2 IP, 3 ER

4 IP, 3 ER

4 IP, 2 ER with 3 hits and 4 walks

His back was stiff early in camp. I have not heard anything lately about his health. He may be working of a new pitch. With the competition for the rotation he needs to show he can have a better start.

I hope the rain holds off so he can pitch.

Norris will be in the rotation. Buck is a track record guy and there is no way Norris will lose his spot with a bad spring as long as he's healthy. The last spot is between Gausman and Gonzalez and Gausman just pitched an inning of 8th inning relief yesterday. Just saying.

Norris will be in the rotation. Buck is a track record guy and there is no way Norris will lose his spot with a bad spring as long as he's healthy. the last spot is between Gausman and Gonzalez and Gausman just pitched an inning of 8th inning relief yesterday. Just saying.

Thank you. Maybe folks will take your insight as more than speculation. I do.

Archived