Norris tries to hold on to his rotation spot

wildcard

Roch disagrees with you. He has Norris penciled into the #3 spot in the rotation, if you read his article today.

I've been projecting Norris as the third starter behind Chris Tillman and Wei-Yin Chen. Stay tuned.

"Stay tuned" is far from a prediction with any degree of confidence. It might be hyperbole to say that his rotation spot depends on this next start, but you could tell from Buck's comments after his last start that Bud needs to get better results. We have five other guys who have a good claim to a rotation spot. It would be foolish to guarantee any of them a spot, and right now Bud is pitching the worst of the bunch.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Norris will be in the rotation. Buck is a track record guy and there is no way Norris will lose his spot with a bad spring as long as he's healthy. The last spot is between Gausman and Gonzalez and Gausman just pitched an inning of 8th inning relief yesterday. Just saying.

That's the question.

I think Norris made his situation worse today. He is the most likely starter to go on the DL or to go to pen.

Norris has three options that can be used with his permission. He has 5 year and 68 days of service. He could go to the minors with the agreement that he does not stay down any longer then 68 days. That route is unlikely but possible.

I think Norris made his situation worse today. He is the most likely starter to go on the DL or to go to pen.

Norris has three options that can be used with his permission. He has 5 year and 68 days of service. He could go to the minors with the agreement that he does not stay down any longer then 68 days. That route is unlikely but possible.

What were the results? Since the game is PPD now there stats have been erased.

What were the results? Since the game is PPD now there stats have been erased.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I've got Norris at 59 pitches, 32 strikes in 4 innings. 4 hits, 3 runs, 2 walks, 1 strikeout, 1 HR <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">March 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He was leaving the game at this point anyway.

I think the odds of Norris voluntarily accepting a demotion in his walk year is very close to zero.

I think the odds of Norris voluntarily accepting a demotion in his walk year is very close to zero.

Would he rather make 3-4 starts in Norfolk or sit in the bullpen without regularly scheduled usage? Norfolk may have less of an impact on the rest of his season if he bounces back. Though I think it will be a mysterious DL stint rather than a demotion.

Would he rather make 3-4 starts in Norfolk or sit in the bullpen without regularly scheduled usage? Norfolk may have less of an impact on the rest of his season if he bounces back. Though I think it will be a mysterious DL stint rather than a demotion.

I can't speak for him but I think the pen would be seen as the less demeaning option.

And yes someone is going to get "hurt" and I don't just mean Hardy.

Seriously who in their right mind would collide with Schoop?

What if its a real health issue and legal trip to the DL and then rehab in AAA?

I can't speak for him but I think the pen would be seen as the less demeaning option.

And yes someone is going to get "hurt" and I don't just mean Hardy.

Seriously who in their right mind would collide with Schoop?

Certainly less demeaning, which is why I think "injury" is the best solution. Or maybe as RR suggests, there is a real issue and he would benefit from a DL stint and AAA rehab.

I'm surprised at the focus on spring training results with established players by so many posters. Buck has said repeatedly things to the effect of, "don't believe in spring training numbers". He's said this many times.

There is a difference in being concerned about the numbers and being concerned about location and velocity.

Archived