Norris tries to hold on to his rotation spot

wildcard

I'm surprised at the focus on spring training results with established players by so many posters. Buck has said repeatedly things to the effect of, "don't believe in spring training numbers". He's said this many times.

Been a long dull winter and people are just looking to stir the pot. :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm surprised at the focus on spring training results with established players by so many posters. Buck has said repeatedly things to the effect of, "don't believe in spring training numbers". He's said this many times.

Well when you have six pegs and only five holes you have to look for a reason not to use one of the pegs. If Ubaldo had been traded then Norris' spring training woes would be a footnote.

Certainly less demeaning, which is why I think "injury" is the best solution. Or maybe as RR suggests, there is a real issue and he would benefit from a DL stint and AAA rehab.
I thought that he was having back problems. Probably the team doctor should examine his back carefully. If his back isn't well, then he's not going to pitch well no matter how hard he tries. Assuming that the team doctor (or another doctor) finds anything wrong with his back, then he goes on the DL, eventually gets minor league rehab starts.

Well when you have six pegs and only five holes you have to look for a reason not to use one of the pegs. If Ubaldo had been traded then Norris' spring training woes would be a footnote.

Has anybody seen Norris throw this ST?

I wonder if, its velocity or location issues.

I think the odds of Norris voluntarily accepting a demotion in his walk year is very close to zero.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MHQK3yo9CBA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Less than.

Well you can consider him whatever you want but he is a veteran starting pitcher. Heck the O's pulled him out of action in 2013 one inning short of him losing his rookie eligability.

Gee thanks. He isn't in comparison to the other 5. He hasn't nearly as many IP and he costs the least. If any one is the odd man out it's him.

Archived