Maryland lands Diamond Stone

LayzieDES

So happy with the Stone arrival. Hoping that Layman decides to come back, because this team would be super deep and athletic with him. He may decide to leave because this might be his best chance at being drafted since he won't he asked to score as much next year. Saw some people saying Cekovsky or Wiley might transfer but I don't see that happening. Those guys aren't going to get tons of playing time elsewhere. Plus I would like to think that the concept of, "team," has some value.

The only reason I can see someone transferring is if they think they can make it to the next level with increased playing time.

Team hasn't won anything yet. No guarantee they even make the Sweet 16 next year. But it will be fun to watch. Hoping for a B1G title, regular season and/or tournament.

• 5 years later...

If you are looking for live sports, The Basketball Tournament starts this weekend and the games are on ESPN.  I was checking out the website (which is only partially updated as far as I can tell).  From scanning the rosters, it looks like Diamond Stone, Dez Wells, and Damonte Dodd are playing.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I think they can matter but not at face value. Veteran pitchers are going to be tuning their pitches more than trying to get guys out. But young players without a guaranteed spot will at least be trying to showcase their skills and make the team. Stowers' 7 HRs are somewhat relevant in my eyes. That is such an outlier number that I imagine it has to move the needle a bit, especially with two in the last game being against a big league veteran. I don't put much stock in Jackson Holliday's spring training OPS. He got a gift triple, and his one success vs a lefty was against the third fastball in a row from one of said veteran pitchers who was probably just working on his fastball that inning, so I think it's probably a bit inflated. Though for all I know, he got unlucky in the ABs that didn't make the news. I imagine the front office has access to more useful numbers than what we see, taking into account the pitchers they faced, the set of pitches they faced, etc. Those numbers are more likely to be used to make a roster decision.
    • If that no option waiver claim is liked by Elias as much as they liked Coloumbe last year.  It really just depends who is out that and DFA’d at the end of ST and before OD. I think Krook and Ort were pretty good gets already. 
    • This is terrific. I always felt that Mounty had a great personality, but those three are great together. 
    • I was just pondering the same question. Articles from 2 weeks ago said he wasn't budging on his asking price of 7 years and a big number. But if no one is going to give him that, and he doesn't accept a different offer, then he sits on the couch and collects no pay what-so-ever while Major League Baseball plays games in 2024.
    • We'll see. I expect they'll conclude that the most effective defensive alignment doesn't involve playing Mayo at third more than occasionally, even if he proves that he'd be a reasonable option there for most other teams. 
    • It's hard to judge. I remember the Spring Eddie Murray had to make the team. I also remember many mirages.
  • Popular Contributors