Fangraphs' Jeff Zimmerman's scouting reports on Bundy and Harvey 3/16

Frobby

It's like Charlie Brown kicking the football, always surprised that Lucy pulls it away

The Orioles haven't developed a HS pitcher into a decent ML starter in 3 decades

But Bundy was going to be different, this regime is better, yada yada yada.

There wasn't much to develop with Bundy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go ahead and mention it. I'm sure no one knows that.

Of course, we actually got more value out of second base in 2013 than Rendon provided the Nationals. He does look like a hell of a player now though, and it looks like he will provide more value than Bundy at this juncture.

Lol, you really are like the broken record that you have to walk over and adjust the needle so it stops skipping over and over again.

Lets not pick on the disenfranchised message board posters.

Seriously though, remember when almost no one on the board would trade Bundy for Stanton. Pitchers are fickle. I think Bundy will be ok though.

Lets not pick on the disenfranchised message board posters.

Seriously though, remember when almost no one on the board would trade Bundy for Stanton. Pitchers are fickle. I think Bundy will be ok though.

I guess, but only if he gets his damn FB back up to 98 mph. We can't develop anybody!

I'd rather have Justin Upton in LF in place of De Aza making the 2015 a legitimate WS contender, than watch Dylan Bundy be given a roster spot on the 2016 Orioles (because DD signed a High School Pitcher to a ML contract) and flounder in the bullpen, and never develop into a starting ML pitcher

Ah yes, there's no quicker way to glory than by selling a top prospect at the very nadir of his value for a one-year rental. I bet the O's could have been even better in the 70s if only they'd traded Palmer when (or prior to) his arm was hurt for, say, Jim Northrup.

I'd rather have Justin Upton in LF in place of De Aza making the 2015 a legitimate WS contender, than watch Dylan Bundy be given a roster spot on the 2016 Orioles (because DD signed a High School Pitcher to a ML contract) and flounder in the bullpen, and never develop into a starting ML pitcher

Hate to tell you, but Bundy was drafted and signed during the MacPhail era. So if you're trying to create some narrative where the O's put Bundy on the roster so that DD doesn't have to admit his "mistake," forget it.

I posted Sullivan's report because I thought it was worthwhile, and while I'm concerned about where Bundy is right now, it's premature to leap to conclusions about how Bundy will be performing a year from now.

It's looking like we'd have gotten more production out of one year from Upton than we're going to get from Bundy. How is that a bad trade?

It's at least several years too early to call Bundy a bust. I hope the guys with real decision-making power in the organization aren't of the mind that if you're not on a setback-free accelerated TJ surgery rehab path your career is over.

Of course, we actually got more value out of second base in 2013 than Rendon provided the Nationals. He does look like a hell of a player now though, and it looks like he will provide more value than Bundy at this juncture.

Unless of course he runs into a major injury...sort of like Bundy.

Hate to tell you, but Bundy was drafted and signed during the MacPhail era. So if you're trying to create some narrative where the O's put Bundy on the roster so that DD doesn't have to admit his "mistake," forget it.

I posted Sullivan's report because I thought it was worthwhile, and while I'm concerned about where Bundy is right now, it's premature to leap to conclusions about how Bundy will be performing a year from now.

Well Duquette screwed it up somehow.

Well I for one had never heard of a pitcher getting hurt until it happened to Bundy.

I know right??? The bigger question, though, is what are we going to do with Duquette and his regime? I mean can you imagine with this upcoming draft and all the picks we have if it's left up to that blithering idiot:scratchchinhmm:, Rajisch? Him and Duquette need to be run out of town on a rail for the Bundy signing alone. :eek:

Wait a minute, I need to go and change the record. It's skipping....

Archived