Roch: Hardy's Shoulder Injury

weams

Maybe instead of trying to remember, you should actually do some research. So you might actually present facts for once.
Ritchie’s career opened in Bluefield, WV tending to the young Oriole prospects. In 1980, Bancells and Cal Ripken Jr. began a long and enduring friendship. Both prospects were promoted to AAA Rochester Red Wings in 1981. Ripken, the Iron Man worked through his many bumps and bruises with Bancells tending his needs.

Cal Ripken. Cal.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They screw it up every time. I can't remember the last time their initial diagnosis has actually been confirmed. I'm not a medical professional, but that strikes me as horrendous.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

It really pisses me off that we never got Grant Balfour because that inept medical staff recommended that we renege on the deal due to his so-called medical issues.

I still haven't gotten over that. :angryfire:

So Lough isn't suffering from back and hamstring issues?

What does he have a toothache?

Hyperbole is just the absolute worst thing ever.

He has a toothache masquerading as a back and hamstring issue. Happens all the time at the major league level. If we had a major league medical staff they would understand that right away. Almost intuitively, actually. These jokers much be working cheap. We know PA won't pay.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en-gb"><p>Hardy says swelling down in shoulder, ahead of schedule. Full range of motion. But still no baseball activities for now <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">April 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thats what I have checking up on, I don't think he has placed on the DL ...

Players do not have to officially go on the DL, until 3 PM Sunday.

So many teams are keeping things close in hand.

One writer meantioned a new phase, "Destined for the DL" to cover these type of guys, heading to the DL.

Players do not have to officially go on the DL, until 3 PM Sunday.

So many teams are keeping things close in hand.

One writer meantioned a new phase, "Destined for the DL" to cover these type of guys, heading to the DL.

Does he qualify for retroactive placement?

o

Orioles shortstop J.J. Hardy passed along another encouraging report today regarding the strained muscle in his left shoulder.

Hardy was told Monday that he would be shut down a minimum of 10 days after undergoing an MRI arthrogram on his shoulder. He's headed to the disabled list and won't be eligible to return before April 11, but the swelling has been reduced and his optimism seems to be rising.

"It's been good so far," Hardy said. "I feel like every day there's been improvement. Still got to wait until there's nothing in there before we can really get after it, so that way I'm not dealing with a sore shoulder if I try to come back too soon and deal with that the whole year. We really want to knock it out before. But overall, good. The timetable hasn't changed at all, but it could be even better. I don't know.

"Swelling's down. I pretty much have full range of motion. Now, it's slow steps every day to get better, strengthen it. It's been progressing really well."

It seems doubtful that Hardy will be ready to play on April 11, since he'll need to start baseball activities and get some at-bats, but he could be classified as ahead of schedule.

"It seems like I've been better than what everybody expected every day," Hardy said. "They're really encouraged, I'm encouraged. It's just a matter of time before it's fully strengthened enough to go do baseball activities. And then that will be another, get back into baseball shape."

Asked whether he could play a week from now, Hardy replied, "Is it realistic to play, like in a game" I don't know. It's so hard to put a time limit. It really is. When we say day-to-day, it really is day-to-day. I mean, we're feeling how we feel today and then that will make our plan for tomorrow. So, it's hard to put a week time limit, or it's going to be two weeks. I'm literally looking at it like it's day-to-day."

Updating Hardy, Lough, and Gonzalez

(By Roch Kubatko)

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/04/updating-hardy-lough-and-gonzalez.html

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en-gb"><p>JJ Hardy on the field for BP. Have to keep reminding myself he's not starting at SS today <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">April 6, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

o

It's still a gradual progression with Hardy. From dry swings to hitting off of a tee, then to a coach flip, then to batting practice. He could do a rehab assignment at Advanced-A Frederick or AA-Bowie.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/586535107705581568

Hardy said that he did notice a little discomfort in his shoulder when he let go of the bat with his top hand.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/586536596050149376

This is why I was against the Hardy signing.

He is a 32 yo SS who has had a lot of previous injuries (including surgery on this shoulder)

He was likely to break down, and now he is

He will never hit 20 HRs or OPS >.725 again

Hope this contract isn't as bad as the BRob contract but we won't get much out of it.

This is why I was against the Hardy signing.

He is a 32 yo SS who has had a lot of previous injuries (including surgery on this shoulder)

He was likely to break down, and now he is

He will never hit 20 HRs or OPS >.725 again

Hope this contract isn't as bad as the BRob contract but we won't get much out of it.

What is your evidence he is breaking down? It is one injury sustained in a diving play I believe. Why don't we wait to see if he gets injured again this season before saying he is breaking down.

Archived