Roch: Hardy's Shoulder Injury

weams

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per Roch, Hardy and Flaherty will be starting rehab assignments. Expected 3 games each (but JJ could take longer). They will almost definitely option Navarro. The second move is a "mystery". Option Flaherty or Cabrera, or pass Lough or Paredes through waivers. No good option, but Cabrera seems the most expendable now in my opinion.

Per Roch, Hardy and Flaherty will be starting rehab assignments. Expected 3 games each (but JJ could take longer). They will almost definitely option Navarro. The second move is a "mystery". Option Flaherty or Cabrera, or pass Lough or Paredes through waivers. No good option, but Cabrera seems the most expendable now in my opinion.

Someone will get "hurt"

You've lost your mind if you think Paredes is getting sent down, or even worse if you think he's getting through waivers.

Now that we know that Pearce can play a passable 2B, we send Cabrera down. Flash can fill in for JJ short term if necessary.

Cabrera hasn't been all that good. He gets optioned along with Navarro. With Hardy's shoulder issues I fear we'll need him again this season.
Now that we know that Pearce can play a passable 2B, we send Cabrera down. Flash can fill in for JJ short term if necessary.

Three in a row -- option Cabrera. .221/.235/.247. Second worst OPS on the team behind Lavarnway.

I said during spring training that Flaherty was the utility fielder on this team, and got a lot of heat from the anti-Flash crowd and the Cabrera gang.

My thoughts at the time, Cabrera was insurance for an INF injury.

We were lucky to have such a good shortstop with Hardy out.

If Hardy were out all year, I'd be fine with that option.

I would feel better if Flaherty comes off the DL.

Personally, I perfer having a gold glove at SS, and sorry but Cabrera isn't close. But, at least, he is average defender, which puts him better than Jeter with the glove. :)

Archived