The O's will lead all of baseball in home runs this year

wildcard

I agree! Also, I think Reimold could take at bats away from Delmon, Snider, and maybe even De Aza, which would make for a more powerful lineup (Reimold has a higher ISO than all of them).

If Reimold can take over LF instead of De Aza, the lineup would have 20+ HR potential from 1 to 9.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree! Also, I think Reimold could take at bats away from Delmon, Snider, and maybe even De Aza, which would make for a more powerful lineup (Reimold has a higher ISO than all of them).

If Reimold can take over LF instead of De Aza, the lineup would have 20+ HR potential from 1 to 9.

I agree. But in projecting I have to look at track record. Reimold's track record is he will last about a month.

No other team hit 200 homers last year. The O's are unique with their power.

Somebody pointed out that in the last three years, there have been seven instances of a team that hit 200+ homers -- the Orioles three times, and four other teams once (all in 2012). So yes, we are unique, and our ballpark is suited for power.

Somebody pointed out that in the last three years, there have been seven instances of a team that hit 200+ homers -- the Orioles three times, and four other teams once (all in 2012). So yes, we are unique, and our ballpark is suited for power.

In the summer. Balls die until it gets warm. Its almost like playing in two different parks.

What that myth/fact that the Hotel now keeps some HR balls in the park?

Is this fact or myth?

What that myth/fact that the Hotel now keeps some HR balls in the park?

Is this fact or myth?

It's a myth if you believe the ballpark HR factors published by fangraphs. The HR factor was at 107 in 2007, the year before the hotel was built, and it has never been any lower than that since then, and has been as high as 110. Before 2007, it was as low as 101 in some years, and never higher than 107.

Just the way I have always done it. I am comfort there. Some of the places I use to do the analysis don't even list PAs. Not that I can't find them if I wanted them.

I am not that nerdy. I am not a saber guy. Just an old school O's fan.

I wouldn't call PA a nerdy stat. They've been using it to determine who qualifies for the batting title as long as I've been alive. But like I said, whatever. The assumptions about playing time will be clear enough no matter which one you use.
Yes, but you are a youngster.

I remember when Ted Williams lost a batting title in 1954 because he did not have enough at-bats, although he had more than enough plate appearances in today's formula (3.1 x 154, which was the number of games that major league teams played that season.)

No, I don't really remember that.

I remember when Ted Williams lost a batting title in 1954 because he did not have enough at-bats, although he had more than enough plate appearances in today's formula (3.1 x 154, which was the number of games that major league teams played that season.)

No, I don't really remember that.

But your point is well taken. A patient hitter could have a difference of 100 between PA and AB. That's a significant number of PA not accounted for.

If they lead the league in home runs again they will probably be near the bottom in least pitches seen per at bat. I know I'm repeating myself but this has been a problem for a while and I'm disappointed that the FO hasn't made more of an effort to fix it.

That said, hopefully Schoop continues to improve, hits for a higher average and has better plate discipline. He has a ton of upside both offensively and defensively and I'm glad the Orioles are being patient with him and letting him play.

If they lead the league in home runs again they will probably be near the bottom in least pitches seen per at bat. I know I'm repeating myself but this has been a problem for a while and I'm disappointed that the FO hasn't made more of an effort to fix it.

That said, hopefully Schoop continues to improve, hits for a higher average and has better plate discipline. He has a ton of upside both offensively and defensively and I'm glad the Orioles are being patient with him and letting him play.

Yes, you keep trolling the same thing over and over.

We get it, you don't like the FO.

How is seeing less pitches per plate appearance a problem?

Don't know where they ranked in P/PA in MLB but I do know they did better in that dept. than DET, KC, LAA, and WS winner SF.

Archived