What moves are left to get to 25?

wildcard

I think if Lough comes back healthy Reimold is the one who will impact him the most. If Reimold plays well at AAA I think the Orioles could look to deal Lough. I don't think they carry both Cabrera and Flaherty who both have options and lose Lough.

I agree. Reimold and Lough may have different skill sets but in the end they are COF's and duplicate imo. With 2 LHB'S already at COF i think Reimold is the better fit Backing up CF isn't much of an issue. I also think a healthy Reimold is a much better defender than given credit for here. He is not in Delmon Young territory.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reimold doesn't do what Lough does. Lough is LH, the best defensive OF on the team, and a good base runner. Reimold is much closer to Delmon, RH, a DH, and a defensively challenged COF.

He does not, you are right. However the Orioles will have to move someone for Reimold and it will not be Young. Unless Snider gets sent of AAA they have to move someone.

He does not, you are right. However the Orioles will have to move someone for Reimold and it will not be Young. Unless Snider gets sent of AAA they have to move someone.

It makes no sense to put Reimold on the 25 man until he is needed. We lose him on waivers if we have to send him down later. When someone is injured or someone is just not cutting it, that's when you bring him up.

It makes no sense to put Reimold on the 25 man until he is needed. We lose him on waivers if we have to send him down later. When someone is injured or someone is just not cutting it, that's when you bring him up.

Sure. I'm just stating it may be a choice of Lough and Reimold at some point soon.

I agree 100%. I am just saying that if he performing well and they want to bring him up someone will have to go.

Lough was as good as gone when Cabrera starting playing some CF. Paredes was going to make the team and the O's were going to hope that Lough cleared waivers and made it down to Norfolk. Lough gets a reprieve with his own DL stint and now Paredes going on the DL. Things could change by the time both are ready but I still see Lough as the odd man out. Reimold has the 40 man thing and the problem of sending him back down going against him. He needs an injury to Pearce or Young, or Paredes falling flat on his face. Until one of those things happen, I think he's in Norfolk.

It looks like Paredes may have gotten some DH AB's against RHP with De Aza in LF and Snider in RF. I lefthanded hitter with options would make some sense. The only ones who fit that description are Urrutia and Clevenger. The O's will go with 13 pitchers and then probably have one of those guys up until Paredes comes back. All guesses on my part.

I don't agree that Lough would have been gone for Paredes. I would much rather have Buck match up Pearce or Young vs a RHP.

I don't agree that Lough would have been gone for Paredes. I would much rather have Buck match up Pearce or Young vs a RHP.

As usual RZNJ is right.

Lough is on borrowed time. He wasn't hitting, again and he is overrated by the vast majority on here. Paredes would have made the team over him easily with Cabrera being the emergency CFer.

Barring any unforeseen injuries, he will be the odd man out here soon enough. I doubt there is any trade value, but one can wish....

As usual RZNJ is right.

Lough is on borrowed time. He wasn't hitting, again and he is overrated by the vast majority on here. Paredes would have made the team over him easily with Cabrera being the emergency CFer.

Barring any unforeseen injuries, he will be the odd man out here soon enough. I doubt there is any trade value, but one can wish....

Paredes can't field and one good spring training doesn't mean he is a good hitter. Where is he playing? You drop Lough so Paredes is a DH instead of Young or Pearce vs RHP? Lough might not make it the whole year here but it will not be because of Paredes.

Paredes can't field and one good spring training doesn't mean he is a good hitter. Where is he playing? You drop Lough so Paredes is a DH instead of Young or Pearce vs RHP? Lough might not make it the whole year here but it will not be because of Paredes.

His glove has improved I believe. Is he great? No, but his bat was red hot and I believe they are seeing improvement from some offseason conditioning.

We will see. I want to see more.

It isn't just ST. He looked good at the end of last year.

It isn't just ST. He looked good at the end of last year.

How many at bats was that? If he is going to play on this team it will be as a DH. He isn't playing 3rd for obvious reasons. Lough provides protection in case of an injury. On a team that emphasizes defense where would he play? So you would rest bith Pearce and Young vs RHP so Paredes can play? The Orioles must really think poorly of Lough to keep Paredes over him.

Roch wrote this morning that to get to 25, they could option Reimold and decide between Clevenger and McFarland for the one day Davis fill in. If they go with McFarland, does that mean that they'll only have 11 position players on OD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roch wrote this morning that to get to 25, they could option Reimold and decide between Clevenger and McFarland for the one day Davis fill in. If they go with McFarland, does that mean that they'll only have 11 position players on OD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, technically Reimold will be assigned not optioned because he is on a minor league contract. But yes the back up catcher and probably Jonathan Schoop will be the only two reserves if McFarland makes the 25 man roster. That will change the second game when Davis is activated. Flaherty hits Archer well so I expect him to be the opening day 2B.

It still has not been announced if Clevenger or Lavarnway is the backup catcher.

Archived