More Winstrol - What are these Guys Thinking?

weams

http://www.si.com/mlb/2015/04/02/atlanta-braves-arodys-vizcaino-suspended-peds

Winstrol is an ester free DHT steroid found in the form of a 17-Alpha-Alkylated steroid (17-aa) form as well as an injectable aqueous suspension (suspended in water.) Pertaining to the oral form the 17-aa alteration simply refers to the altered chemical structure that occurs at the 17th carbon position; without such restructuring the steroid would be useless in oral form. The 17-aa alteration allows the steroid to survive the first pass through the liver after ingestion and absorb into the blood stream where it becomes active; this has both positive and negative effects. The good news is once ingested it will enter the blood very rapidly, the bad news is it will bring about a level of toxicity to the liver as is common with most oral medications, steroidal and non-steroidal alike.
Atlanta Braves pitcher Arodys Vizcaino has been suspended 80 games for using performance-enhancing drugs, MLB announced on Thursday.

The league said Vizcaino tested positive for the anabolic steroid Stanozolol. He will be suspended without pay.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stanozolol has some of the worst liver toxicity (hepatoxicity) of any oral steroid on a mg for mg basis. In addition, it’s deleterious effects on your lipid profile (Cholesterol) are also very pronounced, even at low doses- 6mgs/day of Stanozolol can lower HDL (good cholesterol)by 33% and raise LDL (bad cholesterol) by 29% (12 ).

The good die young.

That's not many compared to the numbers that used them, and I'd say those heart attacks could just as well be attributed to the CIA as steroid use.

Culinary Institute of America? Those rich ballplayers and their extravagant ways! :shakesfist:

Still want Ervin Santana?
I am very disappointed that I tested positive for a performance enhancing drug. I am frustrated that I can't pinpoint how the substance in question entered my body. I would never knowingly take anything illegal to enhance my performance. What I can guarantee is I never knowingly took anything illegal to enhance my performance. That's just not me, never has ben and never will.

Good to see he's taking the Big Papi cop out route.

Darryl Kyle. Heart Attack

Uh.. No. Kile* BTW. He had 90% blockage. So he had coronary artery disease.

Ken Caminiti was using alcohol, speed, cocaine and heroin. He was partying on speedballs when he died. Years of that kind of abuse will cause enlarged heart, cad, and will kill you quicker then 20 years of steroid usage.

So not all steroid users deaths are even related.

I almost think it's an accident. I mean, these guys can't possibly be so dense as to use winstrol, can they? There are better products available if they need to avoid detection - why aren't they using them? It's not like they're lacking in money.

Winstrol is a prevalent PED in the DR, it is laced in everything. It's why the B12 Raffi got was contaminated. These guys are not Bio chemists, they are just poor dumb ballplayers. What do you know about what you are putting in your body?

Winstrol is a prevalent PED in the DR, it is laced in everything. It's why the B12 Raffi got was contaminated. These guys are not Bio chemists, they are just poor dumb ballplayers. What do you know about what you are putting in your body?

That I'm not about to consume "B12" that I sourced from a coworker who I then allowed to inject me with in a men's room stall at my workplace?

Archived