Final cuts

eddie83

I would hope we lose the 13th pitcher much sooner than later. The decisions that needed to be made today still loom. Matusz and or Webb traded or DFA. Or Gausman to AAA.

If Hardy isn't out long I bet they wait until he is back or whenever the first position player comes off the DL.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boo!!! I guess all teams do it, but I don't agree with some of these decisions. The O's play the phantom injury to squirrel away players more than most too! I don't think anyone believes for a minute that Paredes is hurt. ..

Boo!!! I guess all teams do it, but I don't agree with some of these decisions. The O's play the phantom injury to squirrel away players more than most too! I don't think anyone believes for a minute that Paredes is hurt. ..

It was reported as a weight room accident. He even said it happened when he bent down to grab weights. It happens. I am sure the Os would prefer to have more than a 2 man bench. But it does help the situation with having too many pitchers.

Well we will find out game 2 who is sent down or waived. I think Bucks thinking is, with Davis out he'd rather have a pitcher just in case, however, it's one game and if you're going to have that pitcher as your "last pitcher in the bullpen" he's not going to be used.

Well we will find out game 2 who is sent down or waived. I think Bucks thinking is, with Davis out he'd rather have a pitcher just in case, however, it's one game and if you're going to have that pitcher as your "last pitcher in the bullpen" he's not going to be used.

The original thinking was that both Lough and Paredes would make the roster and one would be DFA'ed, hoping they had a better chance to pass through waivers. And then Lough ended up on the DL and Paredes had the spot locked up. And then Parades went on the DL. And DD couldn't get rid of Matusz and Webb so they said screw it and kept 14 pitchers.

Clevenger is on the 40 man and has an option, I don't believe Lavarnway is.

Correct. And to add to that, if the team wanted to take Lavarnway off the roster again, they would have to DFA him, exposing him to waivers. And if he managed to clear waivers, due to it being his second time DFAed, he could elect free agency.

As usual it's all about options and contracts. They will be down to 13 pitchers by Tuesday.. 12 by next weekend. Wieters, Hardy, Paredes, come back. Clevenger, Flaherty, and a pitcher go. After Monday Davis comes back and Webb is waived/traded.

I wonder if DD sees anything interesting on the waiver wire that he might claim for a day and then DFA the next day. But I don't see much value being DFAed today.

Archived