Final cuts

eddie83

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are they at 40 now? I thought when Verrett left, they were at 39. Did they add someone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right. They are at 39 and Davis makes 40 when he is activated. That is probably why they did not add Lavarnway. No room on the 40 man roster.

Do not be surprised to see Clevenger traded before tomorrows game and Lavarnway recalled.

Same could happen with Matusz or Wright.

Douquette Said on the broadcast the other night Webb had not been put on waivers.

Do not be surprised to see Clevenger traded before tomorrows game and Lavarnway recalled.

Douquette Said on the broadcast the other night Webb had not been put on waivers.

I would be surprised since they could have just optioned Clevenger (or DFA him) if they wanted Lavarnway up.

I don't think that is what Dan said. He said waivers are supposed to be secret. He said Webb is a member of the Orioles. At least that is what I took away from what he said.

And what? It isn't hard to make space. If they wanted him on the roster, he would be on the roster.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> roster will change before 1st pitch tomorrow. Per sources: catcher Ryan Lavarnway will have contract selected. Was reassigned today</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">April 5, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Corresponding move could involve RHP Ryan Webb. DL one possibility. Knee. But <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> also exploring trade possibilities</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">April 5, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I believe what DD said was that waivers are private.

Assigning Lavarnway to the minors and keeping Clevenger was a smart move. There is hardly any difference in the two guys ability. This way Clevenger can be optioned when Wieters is ready.

I can't link it now.In the Washington Post baseball preview section, they said Wieners would be back in June. Not sure if the reporter is just guessing or knows something.

Archived