Merry Opening Day Eve! Your 2015 Season Predictions

Moose Milligan

Absolutely can't WAIT for tomorrow. Finally the rosterbation and monotony of Spring Training is over and the season is ready to begin.

What are your predictions for the Orioles this year? Everything from the team record to individual performances.

Overall record 89-73, good for 2nd in the division. We'll be in it to the final two weeks of the season fighting it out for a wildcard berth.

Davis bounces back to a similar line to his 2012 season, somewhere between an .825-.850 OPS. 30-35 homers, 80-95 RBI.

Machado hits .285 with 18 homers, 75 RBI, wins a Gold Glove.

Wieters reverts back to Wieters form, limping along with a .220-.230 average for most of the year and having a big September, ending up with a respectable stat line despite missing the first month.

Jones with a .800-.825 OPS, 30 homers 85 RBI.

Snider and whoever else is in RF does an adequate job of making us not miss Markakis. Frobby continues to check the ATL box scores every morning and remind us of his performance if he starts to kill it.

Tillman goes 16-8 with a 3.50 ERA, solid. Does a better job of not having 100 pitches by 5 innings, works deeper into games more often.

Ubaldo's spring is a mirage, his mechanics start going haywire and he's out of the rotation by mid-May. Gausman steps in and reminds us of how well he did down the stretch last year. His starts become must see events.

My off the wall prediction is...steady for the past few seasons, the bullpen falters and is the reason this team doesn't make the postseason.

Tillman, Ubaldo, Gausman, take a step forward from last year, Gonzo and Chen hold, Bud steps back. CD has a career average year, Manny has a break out year, Jones career average year, Wieters career average year, Hardy has a sub par year, Schoop struggles with the bat, shares time with Cabrera, Pearce has a solid year, De Aza, Snider, Delmon, so so, Bullpen very good, Britton amazing. Division winner, post season crapshoot.

Pitching is the key. This is the best Oriole pitching staff top to bottom since Palmer retired.

Tillman and Chen should have 17-18 wins. Jimenez and Gonzalez could join them. Norris traded at deadline, Gausman finishes with 10-12 wins.

105-57

3.20 Team ERA

750+ runs scored as the offense is balanced.

It's an Oriole year, all the way. Finally.

Absolutely can't WAIT for tomorrow. Finally the rosterbation and monotony of Spring Training is over and the season is ready to begin.

What are your predictions for the Orioles this year? Everything from the team record to individual performances.

Overall record 89-73, good for 2nd in the division. We'll be in it to the final two weeks of the season fighting it out for a wildcard berth.

I'm going to predict 90-72 and they will compete to repeat as AL East champs.
Davis bounces back to a similar line to his 2012 season, somewhere between an .825-.850 OPS. 30-35 homers, 80-95 RBI.
Davis struggles a bit and he won't be like he was in 2013. But he'll be significantly better than he was in 2014.

Wieters reverts back to Wieters form, limping along with a .220-.230 average for most of the year and having a big September, ending up with a respectable stat line despite missing the first month.

Basically agree with the above, though I think that Wieters will gradiually improve. Boras will be quite happy with Wieter's stats and Wieters will walk with a 4 year contract.

Snider and whoever else is in RF does an adequate job of making us not miss Markakis. Frobby continues to check the ATL box scores every morning and remind us of his performance if he starts to kill it.

I know I'll be watching Nick's performance with the Braves. But I predict that Snyder will be one of DD's best bargain acquisitions.
Tillman goes 16-8 with a 3.50 ERA, solid. Does a better job of not having 100 pitches by 5 innings, works deeper into games more often.
And maybe he'll be recognized as a "real" Ace. :)
Ubaldo's spring is a mirage, his mechanics start going haywire and he's out of the rotation by mid-May. Gausman steps in and reminds us of how well he did down the stretch last year. His starts become must see events.
This whole Ubaldo vs. Gausman thing among fans should get interesting. Sorry to disappoint, but Ubaldo won't be the path for Gaus to return to the rotation. R. Martinez, Wallace, and Chiti will notice if someting begins to go wrong with Ubaldo's mechanics. Ubaldo has been their special project. If something begins to unravel, they will get Ubaldo in for an extra bullpen session or two to straighten him out. Ubaldo has said (during Fanfest) that he considers the pitching coaches to be "everything" so he'll work hard to keep up his form. Now he will have a bad game or two because every pitcher, even Clayton Kershaw, has bad games once in a while. Ubaldo will pitch significantly better than last year and will turn from being the fan goat to being one of the fan favorites.

As for Gaus getting back into the rotation, someone will get injured and go on the DL. Kevin will pitch so well that whoever winds up on the DL will have to go into the pen when he returns.

My off the wall prediction is...steady for the past few seasons, the bullpen falters and is the reason this team doesn't make the postseason.
Some parts of the bullpen might falter. I'm a bit nervous about Tommy Hunter, I must confess. Zach Britton will be lights out.

Agree with most of this. However:

1. This division is a toss up IMHO. 88-90 wins takes it.

2. Chris Davis hits about .230 with 25-30 home runs. He will continue to struggle with the shift as he gets pitched in. He will either hit it out or into the shift.

3. Wieters will hit .220-.230 with 20 Homers

4. Manny hits .280 with 20 bumps

5. Ubaldo is a reliable starter, ERA just above 4

6. MGon and Norris regress. Gausman replaces one of them in May, ends up with 12 wins.

7. Tillman and Chen are both solid this year

8. Schoop hits .250 with 20 homers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1. O's win 95 games, return to ALCS.

2. Jimenez becomes a solid starter, makes 30 starts to an ERA under 4.

3. Caleb Joseph has a better year than Matt Wieters.

4. Steve Pearce proves he is a legit middle of the lineup threat, 850 OPS.

5. Jonathan Schoop keeps making strides. 650 OPS, 20 bombs, stellar D.

6. Zach Britton saves 50.

7. Brian Matusz, I hope the O's keep him. I think he's on to something.

8. Kevin Gausman is our ace by year's end, starts game 1 of the ALDS.

9. None of our starters experience major regression, except Norris.

10. Brad Brach surpasses Tommy Hunter on the reliever depth chart, and becomes the bridge to O'Day and Britton.

Pitching is the key. This is the best Oriole pitching staff top to bottom since Palmer retired.

Pitching will definitely be our key and this may very well prove to be our best staff in quite some time. I don't believe that any single pitcher will become a prolonged liability with our organizational depth. There will be some untouchables of course, but they will all be solid with just a few bumps in the road. Our most important starter is Ubaldo, his success will make a good rotation a great rotation. I predict a sub 4.00 era for Ubaldo with 15+ wins.

The lineup will prove itself to be the equal of last year's. Manny is becoming a man and we will see it. Davis and Wieters are not only looking to bounce back, but they are playing for paydays - you can't underestimate that. If we end up with a hole in the lineup, our organizational pitching depth will land us the help we need by the trade deadline. We will have completely forgotten about Cruz and Markakis come October.

There has been so much despair and panic this offseason because of the lack of flashy moves, but DD and Buck are two of the best minds in the business. They have put together an organization that is designed to plow its way through 162 games and beyond.

My prediction is that we win the AL East with 99 wins. I refuse to say more because I am superstitious, but this is our year folks.

1. I have the O's winning the AL East with a 93-69 record it wont be a cakewalk though, I think Boston finishes four games back in second.

2. Ubaldo has solid year. Sub 4.00 ERA 14-16 wins.

3. KG will be back in the rotation sooner rather than later.

4. I have a feeling MW struggles this year but starts to come around towards the end of the year.

5. Schoop will improve with the bat. His Avg and OBP will improve and he will hit 20 bombs.

6. Its Manny time. I think Machado will rake this season. He will continue to be a human highlight machine in the field but his bat will start to shine as well.

7. I really thought Pearce would regress some this year. Now I am hopeful that wont be the case. He has been impressive.

8. CD will be better than last year

Pitching will definitely be our key and this may very well prove to be our best staff in quite some time. I don't believe that any single pitcher will become a prolonged liability with our organizational depth. There will be some untouchables of course, but they will all be solid with just a few bumps in the road. Our most important starter is Ubaldo, his success will make a good rotation a great rotation. I predict a sub 4.00 era for Ubaldo with 15+ wins.

The lineup will prove itself to be the equal of last year's. Manny is becoming a man and we will see it. Davis and Wieters are not only looking to bounce back, but they are playing for paydays - you can't underestimate that. If we end up with a hole in the lineup, our organizational pitching depth will land us the help we need by the trade deadline. We will have completely forgotten about Cruz and Markakis come October.

There has been so much despair and panic this offseason because of the lack of flashy moves, but DD and Buck are two of the best minds in the business. They have put together an organization that is designed to plow its way through 162 games and beyond.

My prediction is that we win the AL East with 99 wins. I refuse to say more because I am superstitious, but this is our year folks.

The offense wont be quite as good as last year. But its all in the pitching

Orioles win the East, thanks in large part to the following

-Ubaldo is under a 4.00 ERA with 13 wins.

-Tommy Hunter has a sub 3.00 ERA.

-Manny has an .800+ OPS and plays his usual other-worldly defense.

-JJ returns immediately from the DL, stays healthy the rest of the way, hits 18 HRs.

-Crush only hits .240, but of his ~125 hits, 40 of those are HRs.

-Jonesy is Jonesy.

-Steve Pearce hits 30 bombs, OPS .850.

-Reimold contributes to this team at some point due to injuries/opportunities, and when he does, he hits .280/.350/.800.

First place in spite of Matusz being on the OD roster.

Some major homerism going on here. Id be surprised If this team wins more than 85 games. ESPN projects 83 wins. I think thats more realistic than 90 plus.

ESPN is the leader in innovative thought, not only in the sports world, but anywhere. What makes you think that any other team is more capable than the O's of winning the division? Or, is the division winner going to win 85? Instead of the usual, told ya so if the O's don't win 90, why don't you offer some reasoning? No, and not, Ubaldo sucks and he's in your rotation, Crush is a mess, Cruz and Markakis are gone.

I bet the Braves try to trade Markakis at some point. And fail

1. I have the O's winning the AL East with a 93-69 record it wont be a cakewalk though, I think Boston finishes four games back in second.

2. Ubaldo has solid year. Sub 4.00 ERA 14-16 wins.

3. KG will be back in the rotation sooner rather than later.

4. I have a feeling MW struggles this year but starts to come around towards the end of the year.

5. Schoop will improve with the bat. His Avg and OBP will improve and he will hit 20 bombs.

6. Its Manny time. I think Machado will rake this season. He will continue to be a human highlight machine in the field but his bat will start to shine as well.

7. I really thought Pearce would regress some this year. Now I am hopeful that wont be the case. He has been impressive.

8. CD will be better than last year

I pretty much agree with this assessment. I'll up the wins to 95. I think AJ has a career year. I also believe that MW's DL stint will be extended and will have trouble playing himself back into his former self (until next year).

Archived