Webb DFA, Lavarnway Back

TonySoprano

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Webb said he's 100 percent healthy. Doesn't really know what's going on now. Already told <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> not going to norfolk</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">April 6, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did this possibly play out this weirdly because Webb refused the Norfolk assignment after clearing waivers? I know there was mention of some odd out clause in his contract. If so, the Orioles kind of boxed themselves in with making any kind of deal for him. A bad decision by DD?

Just confirmed by Roch......

If Jones, De Aza, and Cabrera collide in the first inning and all three have to leave the game:

- Flaherty moves to SS

- Clevenger plays 1B

- Pearce moves to CF

- Snider moves to LF

- Young moves to RF

- Having put the DH in the game, the pitcher bats

Tillman strikes out 27.

What if Schoop is involved in the collision too? Manny to 2B, Pearce to 3B, Snider to CF, Miguel Gonzalez to LF.

Did this possibly play out this weirdly because Webb refused the Norfolk assignment after clearing waivers? I know there was mention of some odd out clause in his contract. If so, the Orioles kind of boxed themselves in with making any kind of deal for him. A bad decision by DD?

The contract to which they signed him before last season isn't working out because he hasn't performed as well as expected. That happens in baseball.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Webb said he's 100 percent healthy. Doesn't really know what's going on now. Already told <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> not going to norfolk</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">April 6, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well Mr. Webb, you will sit in limbo for 10 days, hoping that someone's bullpen is wrecked by injuries in that time.

If Jones, De Aza, and Cabrera collide in the first inning and all three have to leave the game:

- Flaherty moves to SS

- Clevenger plays 1B

- Pearce moves to CF

- Snider moves to LF

- Young moves to RF

Tillman strikes out 27.

Tillman doesn't have to strike out 27. I think we have enough pitchers to assign a different one to each hitter! At least until Webb was designated.

The contract to which they signed him before last season isn't working out because he hasn't performed as well as expected. That happens in baseball.

It is hard to say that he hasn't performed as expected. He would be a great bullpen addition for most teams. Unfortunately, he was the worst of an amazing bullpen last year and this year 9th on the depth chart for another amazing bullpen. But in years past he would be a setup guy for us.

- Flaherty moves to SS

- Clevenger plays 1B

- Pearce moves to CF

- Snider moves to LF

- Young moves to RF

Tillman strikes out 27.

What happens if Britton has to PH after the DH is lost. Who would close??

A guy signed a year ago that did not pan out. DD moves on instead of keeping him on the roster when Dan has better talent to replace him.

I just don't understand what DD is doing with the bullpen?

I'm looking at the career numbers and I'd say Webb is a better pitcher than Matusz. We signed Wright making Matusz expendable, and yet he is STILL on the 25 man roster and we continue to lose pitchers that are better than him (Verrett and now Webb). Seems DD overvalued his bullpen pieces and can't trade them and now we are going to have to eat some contracts. Oh well at least we are not being cheap pursuing bullpen depth, just seems that we are releasing the wrong guy.

A guy signed a year ago that did not pan out. DD moves on instead of keeping him on the roster when Dan has better talent to replace him.

Didn't pan out, he pitched pretty darn well, almost 50 innings for the team.

Just had some better arms ahead of him this year, that we didn't have from 2013 season.

Archived