AL East Position Comparisons: Outfield, Designated Hitter, Bench

PressBoxOnline

It is a good comparison, but I still haven't forgiven him for Manny as the division's 4th best 3rd baseman!

I didn't feel good about that ranking, either. But it's only because of the two knee injuries in two years. He could make me look foolish by the end of the season.

I didn't feel good about that ranking, either. But it's only because of the two knee injuries in two years. He could make me look foolish by the end of the season.

I think it was defensible. Third base is stacked. I would have swapped Machado and Sandoval, but until we know he's healthy, Donaldson and Longoria definitely deserve to be ahead of him.

I think it was defensible. Third base is stacked. I would have swapped Machado and Sandoval, but until we know he's healthy, Donaldson and Longoria definitely deserve to be ahead of him.

Longoria had a down year last year, and while decent enough, was not what he is normally capable of.

It is a good comparison, but I still haven't forgiven him for Manny as the division's 4th best 3rd baseman!

It's not an indefensible statement to make, and given Manny's knee injuries, is pretty justifiable. But right now Donaldson is the better hitter, Longoria the healthier and more complete. I'd take Manny over Sandoval pretty much every day unless Sandoval hits consistently like he does in the postseason, which is part of his problem. Not quite an outrageous statement to make, hopefully by the end of the season they'll be no doubt that Manny is the best not just in the division but all of baseball.

Archived