Travis Snider in right field today....What would Nick have done?

Davey

Nice win today! I took a half vacation day to watch this game and it was worth it! I was very impressed with Travis Snider today and so nice to see Pearce and Flaherty homer, not to mention De Aza. Flaherty was solid defensively today. Like we've never missed some of our guys last year right?

Not sure what inning it was but I remember seeing Travis Snider making a gutsy diving catch on a hard hit line drive. If he missed that catch the Rays speedsters on the bases would have advanced handsomely and probably scored. It could have been a game turning point. As it turned out he had a good eye for the shot and it was the right decision to make. A key out!

I couldn't help but think....WHAT WOULD NICK HAVE DONE? I really don't think Nick would have taken the aggressive stance and dove for that shot the way Snider did.

Comments?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice win today! I took a half vacation day to watch this game and it was worth it! I was very impressed with Travis Snider today and so nice to see Pearce and Flaherty homer, not to mention De Aza. Flaherty was solid defensively today. Like we've never missed some of our guys last year right?

Not sure what inning it was but I remember seeing Travis Snider making a gutsy diving catch on a hard hit line drive. If he missed that catch the Rays speedsters on the bases would have advanced handsomely and probably scored. It could have been a game turning point. As it turned out he had a good eye for the shot and it was the right decision to make. A key out!

I couldn't help but think....WHAT WOULD NICK HAVE DONE? I really don't think Nick would have taken the aggressive stance and dove for that shot the way Snider did.

Comments?

Nick had both of the Braves RBI today in defeating the Marlins, 2-1. Also stole a base.

Comments?

Snider also threw out a runner at home And had a nice day at the plate. I think in two or so months we'll all be saying Nick who?

I'm not sure that every time something happens in RF a thread is necessary. Nick is gone from Baltimore and he fulfilled his obligations here. I'm not trying to pick on any posters, but as for me I wish all of our RF options the best, and Nick as well.

Comments?

Nick made driving catches all the time. He would have made that one IMO. Nick has such a rep on throws. The Rays might not even have sent the runner on the play at the plate.

Nice day by Snider.

I'm not sure that every time something happens in RF a thread is necessary. Nick is gone from Baltimore and he fulfilled his obligations here. I'm not trying to pick on any posters, but as for me I wish all of our RF options the best, and Nick as well.

Please understand I mean no disrespect to Nick at all. I think he was and still is a class act and I was hugely disappointed in his departure from our beloved Orioles.

Watching the entire game today, I am just noticing some differences in our team and Travis Snider stood out today and exemplified this. So happy Nick had a good day in Atlanta today!

Go Orioles....I've been a die hard fan from CT since 1969.

Or we just stop disrespecting Nick and let it go?

Exactly. I appreciate Nick and all he gave to the O's, especially several seasons where he was one of the best things about several very bad teams. I wish him all the best.

Living in Tennessee presently and having friends and acquaintances that are Braves fans, I wouldn't be surprised to socially attend a Braves game one day. I don't give a squat about the Braves, but when that day comes, I'll cheer for Nick.

Snider got a slow break on that ball he dove for. Palmer said it during the game and Snider said so afterwards. Chances are good Nick makes that catch.

Snider had a good Opening Day and hopefully he keeps playing like that all year.

Not sure why anyone would think Nick wouldn't have dove for that ball in the same fashion considering he basically did it ALL the time as an Oriole.

I thought everything Snider did today was vintage Nick. The throw to home; the head first dive; the poke through the leftside for an RBI. It was a very Nick day (we just didn't have to pay $11M/yr to see it.)

As the ball Snider dove for was hit right to him I would say yes Nick catches that ball. Also so would Delmon Young and Nolan Reimold. I don't know what the point of this post is. You are somehow attached to player who played for his first game withe team to badmouth a guy who played many years for the team?

Archived