Roch: Josh Kusnick (Agent39) Speaks of Clevenger Demotion

weams

I think the Orioles know he can hit. Very well for a catcher, not quite well enough to DH or play first. But it's also pretty obvious he can't field up to the Buck standard at catcher. If he was ever going to get playing time it was in a season where Wieters missed most of the year, and Joseph had about six weeks of his season where he hit .052. That he didn't play really tells me that he will never get significant time behind the plate for the Orioles.

Have to agree with this. If he couldn't make the cut now I don't see him ever making it. In ST it sounded like they had plenty of issues with Levarnway's defense, but I guess they are comfortable working with him at the ML level.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah he is obviously not in their plans. If Joseph got injured tomorrow I believe they would trade for someone before letting Clevenger ***pitch*** in the bigs.

I like Clevenger buy I personally hope we never use him as a pitcher in the big leagues.

Aside from being a local kid, I think the main reason I want to see Clevenger become some sort of late-blooming surprise superstar for the Orioles is because it would take some sting away from the Scott Feldman trade.

I recently heard an analyst predict Jake Arrieta as a candidate for the N.L. Cy Young Award this year.

Archived