Hotdog Race

ericaat1225

Who is your favorite for the hotdog race?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite for the hotdog race?

• Relish
    • Ketchup
    • Mustard

Anybody who tells you to not put ketchup on a hot dog is a fascist. You know who doesn't like ketchup? Europeans. I was in an Italian grocery in Lucca or Pisa and the only ketchup was single dusty bottle in the back of a lower shelf. Mussolini didn't like ketchup.

I've been in England, they put ketchup on their "chips".

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brits love ketchup. They use it at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But they call it "tomato sauce" and when you read "tomato" you must hear an English accent.

Heinz sold there, is labeled Tomato Ketchup.

Not everybody calls it tomato sauce, and they know what ketchup is, when you ask for it, and they will call it ketchup too.

Guess is all depends on where you are living at.

Yes some people put it on their eggs there, but no more so, than I have seen here in the states.

They ruined the Hot Dog Race last year when they just made all the hot dogs these amorphous, bouncing blobs instead of giving them faces and legs like they had in previous years.

Before the change, I always rooted for Mustard because he was a glasses-wearing nerd. My wife always rooted for Relish because Relish was a girl.

Now, who even cares? They're all the same, just with different colored hats.

They ruined the Hot Dog Race last year when they just made all the hot dogs these amorphous, bouncing blobs instead of giving them faces and legs like they had in previous years.

Before the change, I always rooted for Mustard because he was a glasses-wearing nerd. My wife always rooted for Relish because Relish was a girl.

I love the passion in this post. I agree entirely. This is actually the second major change in the hit dog race. I always rooted for ketchup and my buddy rooted for mustard and then they changed it to make mustard a nerd and I jokingly gave him a hard time. Always fun.

When I go to a game at another stadium I am reminded of how much I enjoy the Camden Yards production experience. At the Nats Stadium there is a guy screaming at you between every half inning and showing obviously pre-recorded contests and games. The Orioles between innings entertainment doesn't insist upon itself in the same way, you can pay attention if you want or you can talk to your neighbor without having to yell.

You did that didnt you? I mean actually add every condiment once, I am assuming you did not actually weigh it too!

Yes. Yes I did. Didn't weigh it. And I may have been slightly exaggerating on the weight, but I ate the thing. Three kinds of beans, kraut, chili, ketchup, mustard, mayo, onions, lettuce, tomato, pickles, peppers, government surplus nacho cheese... that isn't the half of it.

I've been over the ridiculousness of having an animated hot dog 'race' for years now.

This is probably my least favorite thing about the Camden Yards experience in all honesty......well......other than parking maybe sometimes.

The hot dog race should STAY, but it should evolve into people in costumes. I've seen similar races at multiple other baseball stadiums and they are infinitely more fun, entertaining, and interesting.

I've been over the ridiculousness of having an animated hot dog 'race' for years now.

This is probably my least favorite thing about the Camden Yards experience in all honesty......well......other than parking maybe sometimes.

Maybe this is just me, but there's a lot of things in life where if one person/team/etc does it, it can be really cool. Like when Bill Veeck was the crazy dude with whatever team he was owning blowing up disco records and using pinch-hitting midgets. But when everyone, including two-bit indy teams and the New York Yankees all have Donald Trump Bobble Head nights and Catholic Nun Back Massage Day, and exploding scoreboards with silly games turned up to 11... meh, whatever.

Maybe this is just me, but there's a lot of things in life where if one person/team/etc does it, it can be really cool. Like when Bill Veeck was the crazy dude with whatever team he was owning blowing up disco records and using pinch-hitting midgets. But when everyone, including two-bit indy teams and the New York Yankees all have Donald Trump Bobble Head nights and Catholic Nun Back Massage Day, and exploding scoreboards with silly games turned up to 11... meh, whatever.

I think Jayson Werth Chia Pet Night is a great promotion for the Nats this year. But player garden gnomes are passe already.

This got me thinking about the best condiment ever, mayonnaise. Where's the love? Never had it on a dog,but I'm going to try...diet be damned!!!

OMG. I won't be able to eat for ay least 4 hours now just to try to get that thought out of my head, or I might gag. :D

The hot dog race should STAY, but it should evolve into people in costumes. I've seen similar races at multiple other baseball stadiums and they are infinitely more fun, entertaining, and interesting.

I agree...been to other parks and some of the things they did between innings make the hot dog race,crab shuffle etc. pretty lame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The important question is whether the savings from cutting the previous condiment animator goes toward alternative between-inning entertainment or whether it just lines Peter's pocket!

Archived