Buck's handling of Travis Snider is very interesting

wildcard

Before anyone starts throwing stones, I am not complaining. Just pointing out something I find interesting.

Travis Snider is batting 3rd tonight. In the last two games he has batted 4th and 5th. Definitely middle of the order assignments.

Travis has 1706 career plate appearances. He has batted third 14 times before. Here are his career plate appearance by the position in the order he has hit.

9th - 445

2nd - 381

7th - 323

8th - 238

1st - 123

6th - 122

5th - 42

4th - 18

3rd - 14

Buck is not afraid of going against conventional wisdom.

Maybe he feels certain players perform better if they are shown some respect and put into an important role. I know i work better under pressure and when given something meaningful to work on so it makes some sense from that perspective. Also Snider hasn't been particularly successful in the batting slots he's been given so why keep doing the same thing? I can get on board with that logic as well. And yes people are very overly sensitive about RF of late.

Before anyone starts throwing stones, I am not complaining. Just pointing out something I find interesting.

Travis Snider is batting 3rd tonight. In the last two games he has batted 4th and 5th. Definitely middle of the order assignments.

Travis has 1706 career plate appearances. He has batted third 14 times before. Here are his career plate appearance by the position in the order he has hit.

9th - 445

2nd - 381

7th - 323

8th - 238

1st - 123

6th - 122

5th - 42

4th - 18

3rd - 14

No stones. He is our rightfielder. He's here now.

Now if we can just get Jones to stop hitting into double plays...

I guess it's like the opposite of protection then, Buck puts him in front of Jones so they pitch around him to get to Jones. Really boosting Snider's OBP. Quite clever.

9th - 445

2nd - 381

7th - 323

8th - 238

1st - 123

6th - 122

5th - 42

4th - 18

3rd - 14

He hit third last night too against Karns.

Though I agree with you, and am more impressed by Buck everyday. In no potential lineups in my mind, did I have Snider hitting 3.

Archived