"Celebrating" an AL East Title

drdelaware

This is more on the O's PR department than anything else. I don't post much so just take this as me wanting to contribute and discuss something and not trying to attack anyone over it,

Winning a division title and celebrating it in the moment is fine. I have a hat from last year myself. Making a big deal of it the next season is what I found kind of lame. You could make a case for an AL Championship. I get that. It means you won the league and didn't just qualify for the playoffs.

When there are 3 other division champs and wild cards in one league it just means you had a nice season. Nothing to brag about.

No one is seeking out memorabilia from those amazing 73, 74 division titles. Imagine bragging to a Yankee fan that the Orioles won the AL East.

It's great the O's turned things around, but act like you've been there before. :)

This is more on the O's PR department than anything else. I don't post much so just take this as me wanting to contribute and discuss something and not trying to attack anyone over it,

Winning a division title and celebrating it in the moment is fine. I have a hat from last year myself. Making a big deal of it the next season is what I found kind of lame. You could make a case for an AL Championship. I get that. It means you won the league and didn't just qualify for the playoffs.

When there are 3 other division champs and wild cards in one league it just means you had a nice season. Nothing to brag about.

No one is seeking out memorabilia from those amazing 73, 74 division titles. Imagine bragging to a Yankee fan that the Orioles won the AL East.

It's great the O's turned things around, but act like you've been there before. :)

Yankee fans dont care about any division title, they just laugh and bring up getting swept in the ALCS. How do I know? Because Ive been listening to it.

I don't think they went over the top with it. They hung a banner in Eutaw Street with the rest of the playoff teams. I would think all teams would mention a division title. The Ravens Ring of Honor has the division champ teams on it.

I do however appreciate the contribution, even if not the sentiment.

OP read like being coached on knowing when to celebrate by a Yankee fan. Well intended, perhaps, but way off the mark.

The O's have become relevant again. They are winning games and packing the house. Winning the AL East was icing on the cake. It will be even better with a WS crown.

Still, plenty to celebrate right now.

OP read like being coached on knowing when to celebrate by a Yankee fan. Well intended, perhaps, but way off the mark.

The O's have become relevant again. They are winning games and packing the house. Winning the AL East was icing on the cake. It will be even better with a WS crown.

Still, plenty to celebrate right now.

Yankees are in Last place.

Archived