Ubaldo Jimenez Today 2015

Il BuonO

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ubaldo was interviewed on MASN after the game. He seemed pretty calm about it, though he obviously didn't like being ejected in a bogus call.

He was wearing a cool T-Shirit, with a large backward K on it. :D

This seems to be his demeanor. I wouldn't say he wasn't upset, he just doesn't scream and shout like some people on the Red Sox are known to do. Good on him.

As far as his pitching goes he did have 3BB in a little over 3IP which reminds me of last season. So, that obviously bears watching next time.

He got screwed, but let's not go assuming Ubaldo would've won the game just because he had a good game last week. He's still Ubaldo and he was looking more like last year's version this time around.

He'd gotten 11 outs on 59 pitches when he was ejected. Last year he would have been closer to 70. He didn't have great command, but he was a far cry from Bad Ubaldo.

This seems to be his demeanor. I wouldn't say he wasn't upset, he just doesn't scream and shout like some people on the Red Sox are known to do. Good on him.

As far as his pitching goes he did have 3BB in a little over 3IP which reminds me of last season. So, that obviously bears watching next time.

I'm sure that R. Martinez will get on his case over the 3BB and 1 HB in this game. I'm not too worried about Ubaldo's next start.

Besides all the controversy... Anybody getting a little excited about U-man this year? 2 bad first starts in ST and then just better and better every game after that? Maybe we're getting the good Jimenez (finally).

Besides all the controversy... Anybody getting a little excited about U-man this year? 2 bad first starts in ST and then just better and better every game after that? Maybe we're getting the good Jimenez (finally).
Most people know me. I am the Grand Poobah of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club. :clap3:

He's off to a great start, but I remain concerned about his command after 3 BB in only 3 2/3 IP.

Don't prompt me with non-conformity. :D

Don't worry. R. Martinez will have him do extra BP sessions. Also, against Toronto, he had only 1 BB in 6 IP.

Archived