Ubaldo Jimenez Today 2015

Il BuonO

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year, many, if not most Os fans were trashing Ubaldo online and booing him off the field. This year, it's very different for him. Fans are cheering him and defending him against bogus umpire calls. I hate to think what would have happened had Ubaldo been ejected last year. What would the fan reaction have been? .

My guess is that warnings will be issued to both teams before the start of the game. This will increase the likelihood that Cybaldo ise ejected from two games in a row for hitting a batter, though neither will be intentional. I feel bad for the guy. More importantly, I hope he doesn't change his game and leave pitches over the fat part of the plate just to make sure he doesn't plunk someone.

o

15 OUTS: 6 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 2 Flyouts, 1 Popout

UBALDO JIMENEZ O(vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/22)

IP:. 5

H:o 6 (2 Home Runs, 4 Singles)

R:O 4

BB: 3

SO: 6

Pitches: 102 (59 Strikes, 43 Balls)

2015 ERA: 2.30

PITCHES BY INNING

17 (11 Strikes, 61 Balls)

12 (71 Strikes, 51 Balls)

23 (17 Strikes, 61 Balls)

25 (91 Strikes, 16 Balls)

25 (15 Strikes, 10 Balls)

Don't worry. R. Martinez will have him do extra BP sessions. Also, against Toronto, he had only 1 BB in 6 IP.
I saw Wallace lecturing him in the dugout during the game. ""Where are your mechanics?! There will be extra BP practice tomorrow, for sure."

I've seen Tillman have similar starts and the hitting bailed him out. I'm not too worried about UJ right now. It's just that classic dynamic when a pitcher keeps you in the game (bullpen was solid tonight), the hitting fails to deliver. And the hitting has been getting us enough runs for most of this early part of the season.

I've seen Tillman have similar starts and the hitting bailed him out. I'm not too worried about UJ right now. It's just that classic dynamic when a pitcher keeps you in the game (bullpen was solid tonight), the hitting fails to deliver. And the hitting has been getting us enough runs for most of this early part of the season.
I'm actually not too worried about Ubaldo either. But seeing Wallace with that severe expression right in his face was rather amusing.

Cybaldo is our best starter right now. If he keeps it up, his contract will be a huge bargain for the O's.

A great Free Agent signing. The Orioles are very smart. Trash the first year and reap the reward 2 through 4!

Archived