2015 Nelson Cruz tracker thread

Chavez Ravine

We'll see how he looks by the end of his 4 year deal.

Also, that defense.....

Both our corner outfielders have made errors costing us runs. Letting both Markakis and Cruz go while keeping Davis and Weiters was a mistake IMHO.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both our corner outfielders have made errors costing us runs. Letting both Markakis and Cruz go while keeping Davis and Weiters was a mistake IMHO.

I think moving Davis and/or Wieters would have been pretty tough in the off-season considering their performance and health issues, respectively, unless you come from the sell low, buy high school of thinking. Which I don't. Everyone knew watching Cruz and Markakis play for another team this year would be tough. It's what happens after that which matters the most.

Who cares? I mean seriously, are we going to do this every time one of our three free agents this past offseason does something of worth? With Cruz it was never about this season, or next season for that matter, and that's provided he continues to hit this year and next. It's about the two years after that when he'll be entering his last 30's and be an exclusive DH, and to pay someone like that the contract that he got is a poor use of resources. I know some of you are tired of hearing that line, or "excuse," but it's a reality. It's not about not spending money, it's about not making horrendous decisions.

Who cares? I mean seriously, are we going to do this every time one of our three free agents this past offseason does something of worth? With Cruz it was never about this season, or next season for that matter, and that's provided he continues to hit this year and next. It's about the two years after that when he'll be entering his last 30's and be an exclusive DH, and to pay someone like that the contract that he got is a poor use of resources. I know some of you are tired of hearing that line, or "excuse," but it's a reality. It's not about not spending money, it's about not making horrendous decisions.

Hey it is finally nice to have lost free agents that were actually good. I still remember the days of comparing Hairston to Roberts even though Hairston went to like 10 different teams after he left Baltimore.

As was pointed out in another thread. Cruz doesn't even come close to getting that ball that DeAza got to, but bungled it. Buck said it was clearly a hit.

Well said. A lot of FA deals look good in the first year or two, and then you pay the piper towards the back end. I'm very comfortable with the team's decision. That said, I am rooting for Cruz to do well in Seattle, and I'm glad he's off to a great start.

As was pointed out in another thread. Cruz doesn't even come close to getting that ball that DeAza got to, but bungled it. Buck said it was clearly a hit.

Nice of Buck to say, but he got to the ball running less than full speed, and dropped it. That's called an error 9 times out of 10.

We'll see how he looks by the end of this year. This is a guy who was constantly on the DL and Buck managed to play him perfectly while also getting lucky.

We all know he's going to hit bombs while he's healthy though, kind of an unnecessary thread.

Redundant given, the one already in MLB.

Archived